Praying the Rosary during Lent

• Thread starter Thread starter Fangorn
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fangorn

I know which mysteries we are to pray on specific days, but I was told that changes during Lent. If that is the case, does anyone know what that order is?:confused:

You don’t have to make any changes at all. Some people like to pray all Sorrowful Mysteries during Lent week days, with Joyous on Sats and Glorious on Suns, and some like to pray Sorrowful Mysteries on ALL Lent days, but it’s optional. There is no hard-and-fast rule because the rosary is a personal devotion.

I think that most people keep to a regular schedule all year round.

I have read, and the tradition I follow, is to keep the same schedule but pray the Sorrowful Mysteries on every Sunday of Lent.

I pray the Sorrowful Mysteries on Sundays during Lent, and I also change the final prayers slightly - instead of praying the Salve Regina, I pray the Ave Regina Caelorum:

Hail, oh Queen of Heaven, hail, mistress of the angels, hail, root of Jesse, heaven’s gate, from whom light dawned on us. Joy to thee, beautiful Virgin, more beautiful than any other, hail, surpassing beauty. Pray for us to Christ.
Grant that I may praise thee, oh sacred Virgin. Give me strength against my foes.

But then I’ve been told that the way I pray the Rosary is “odd.”

Deborah

Thank you all for your quick responses. I just wanted to make sure that my head was in the right place, not just my heart.😃

I was under the belief that during Lent only the Sorrowful Mysteries could be said for the entire 40 day Lent period, guess I was wrong ?

My parish Rosary group is not praying any of the traditional Mysteries. We are doing the Devine Mercy Chaplet throughout Lent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back