Praying too much?

• Thread starter Thread starter Anthony3
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anthony3

Hello everyone,

I pray around 2 hours a day. Is that too much?

And is it a sin, if you feel you prayed too much and want to pray less?

And please suggest

Thanks

Last edited:
that is a very good amount, and is not too much at all. why do you want to pray less? do remember, we are seeking to grow towards praying always which is a command. Because it is a command from charity, we are allowed to build up to it. I think all Christians should be in the 2-4 hour range at least (thats like the LOTH+rosary+chaplet+mental prayer/scripture, so not that much)

but look into the reasons why you want to pray less

Hi, I personally think the amount that you pray doesn’t matter as long as you put your heart into it. Whether it’s 2 minutes or 2 hours, God hears all of us. Praying is supposed to give you comfort not anxiety. 🙂
God Bless You.

Hello krayzevuze,

I think that I prayed too much because I think that my prayers are more like a repetition than from our heart. And also, I get distracted while in the middle of the prayer and I have to restart again. So I think I should pray less but with more quality.

Please help

when you lose focus, begin again and keep doing this until you master it.

this video teaches you how to pray properly, and what to do in distraction. if you need to pray less, do so. but make sure you at least do formal prayers, set morning prayer and evening at least (Lauds and Vespers maybe) every day. maybe you need to begin all again, and start just from the morning and evening prayers, and build up back to 2 hours. Ive done this before

If it’s bringing you closer to God’s will (not just anxious pleading or hoping for a quid pro quo) and you have the time, then you’re fine.

No, it’s not too much.

No, it’s not a sin to want to pray less.

Two hours daily is a HUGE amount of prayer time . . . if all Catholics did that the world would be transformed in a lovely way.

Kudos to you for placing God in the first place of your life,
Deacon Christopher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back