Presumption and venial sin

• Thread starter Thread starter Luney123
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Luney123

If I deliberately committed a venial sin does that make it mortal? Also if I think I will just go to mass or confession tomorrow so that I am forgiven and then decide to commit a venial sin would that be considered presumption. I wouldn’t say the reason I committed the sin was because I was going to mass the next day it was more of just a thought that popped into my head.

If the sin is venial in the sense that the “matter” is venial, the sin remains venial.

It is sad to say no to Jesus deliberately, and those who commit fully voluntary venial sins probably soon come to commit mortal ones, but technically the answer to your question is no.

Okay - something is up - there have been like 4 new threads on “presumption” (an abnormal concern typically) in the past 24 hours. What is the deal? Are people seeing the thread titles and decide to add it to their own? Or something else???

Yah I didn’t even know what presumption was but I think I saw someone else post this which is what worried me if I’m in mortal sin then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back