Priest and the collar

  • Thread starter Thread starter catholictiger
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems like a difficult call because we naturally tend to compare there “job” with ours; and that is not IMO God’s intent. They work EXTREMELY LONG hours; BUT ALWAYS represent “servant of God”, The CC, and the Parish. IMO they therefore ought [as I understand Canon Law directs] stay dresses with colar; EXCEPT, at there choice; there day off.

I have known several Priest who didn’t take a day off… That’s a Blessing an God shall reward them; But I agre a BREAK in beneficianl for all.

God Bless,
Pat
yep, We work for him 24 hours.
hmm, I wonder if we get overtime too.
Hey, he hasnt sent out paychacks for decades…
 
If the Canon Law is so clear then WHY would the USCCB state that

basically if a Priest MUST make himself available…then that means if I see him at McDonald’s and ask, then he MUST allow it.
Especially if it’s Friday during Lent and you just ate a cheeseburger?😃
 
I know I am only a brother but when I am out in my habit or clerics I am not always saying that. I, as well as a priest, might be on our way to an appointment and do not have time to stop for a talk or what ever else a person might want.

Some people have the idea that we are at their beck and call and when we ignore their wants they get mad. It just may be that there is something else more important, like for a priest, a Mass he is traveling to, or a confession time he is headed to, or (for both of us) a talk he is to give, or some other schedule function.
True.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top