C
copeland45
Guest
As I’ve mentioned in an earlier thread a few days ago, I have recently learned that I am in an invalid marriage (lack of canonical form, and I had a previous marriage that wasn’t annulled).
I am handling the annulment now. And I can’t get my current marriage blessed until the annulment is finalized. This situation truly stemmed from my ignorance in the faith, not willful disregard for Church teaching.
Now here is what I have been told by three different priests concerning my current situation and the Sacraments:
My Parish Priest: “you cannot receive Reconciliation or Communion until your current marriage is blessed, even if you and your wife live chastely as brother and sister.”
A Roman Catholic military Chaplain: “you can receive Reconciliation but not Communion, even if you and your wife live chastely as brother and sister.”
Fr Serpa on this website: “you can and should go to Confession, and if you live chastely like brother and sister you may also receive Communion.”
Now What?
I am handling the annulment now. And I can’t get my current marriage blessed until the annulment is finalized. This situation truly stemmed from my ignorance in the faith, not willful disregard for Church teaching.
Now here is what I have been told by three different priests concerning my current situation and the Sacraments:
My Parish Priest: “you cannot receive Reconciliation or Communion until your current marriage is blessed, even if you and your wife live chastely as brother and sister.”
A Roman Catholic military Chaplain: “you can receive Reconciliation but not Communion, even if you and your wife live chastely as brother and sister.”
Fr Serpa on this website: “you can and should go to Confession, and if you live chastely like brother and sister you may also receive Communion.”
Now What?