Private Revelation

• Thread starter Thread starter TSK97
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TSK97

Dear Friends,

I’d like to know if the Church has made any more official statements on Medjugorgie. Unfortunately, I have several family members who have total confidence in the authenticity of these alleged “apparitions.” Consequently, they’ve been very easily led astray by other false prophets, one being a man from Western Massachusetts, who claims to see both the Blessed Mother and St. Francis. I, on the other hand, am very skeptical, as much of what I’ve read, seen, and heard from all of these “visionaries” is very troublesome. Pharisaical elitism, cultic/gnostic behavior patterns, and disodedience are just some of the many bad fruits I’ve seen in those who are caught up in these types of unapproved private revelations. To no avail, I’ve even tried to show family members the latest statement on Medj. from the Bishop of Mostar (that you linked to on your website), yet it was only dismissed. The person, ignoring the information, said, “I’m sure the Church will speak on it eventually.” What I don’t understand is this - why hasn’t the Vatican weighed in on this? And, why do so many people quote our Pope John Paul The Great as having said Medj. was a very holy place, thereby giving seal of approval to these “apparitions”? And, if the Bishop of Mostar has said, “No supernatural events are taking place,” isn’t that enough to shut the whole thing down? I’d appreciate any (name removed by moderator)ut you can give me. God bless you. TSK97

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back