P
pumpkinbeast
Guest
(I dunno where to put this, but I like Family Life, so why not? ^^)
I’ve been watching the Olympics quite avidly, it’s the only time I watch sports, and it’s great to have it in Canada, and I’ve been noticing a whole lot of pro-life-ness about it! The final day that the torch ran through Vancouver there were not just one, but 2 people with Down’s syndrome who ran with the torch shown on CTV, and I’m willing to bet there were more like them in the 106 day trek the torch made across our huge country. Also, a lovely lady who just turned 90 who is an athlete herself, and picked up her sport, track and field, at the age of 77!!! So a great showing that life doesn’t end at 65.
And finally tonight, Canada won gold for the first time on home snow (
) and the champion said his inspiration was his older brother, who has cerebral palsey; this brother was shown repeatedly on live tv, on CTV, cheering in the stands.
I am so thrilled about all of this, real live examples that people of all ages with all sorts issues can have totally fulfilling lives and get to take part in historic events.
What do y’all think? 
I’ve been watching the Olympics quite avidly, it’s the only time I watch sports, and it’s great to have it in Canada, and I’ve been noticing a whole lot of pro-life-ness about it! The final day that the torch ran through Vancouver there were not just one, but 2 people with Down’s syndrome who ran with the torch shown on CTV, and I’m willing to bet there were more like them in the 106 day trek the torch made across our huge country. Also, a lovely lady who just turned 90 who is an athlete herself, and picked up her sport, track and field, at the age of 77!!! So a great showing that life doesn’t end at 65.
I am so thrilled about all of this, real live examples that people of all ages with all sorts issues can have totally fulfilling lives and get to take part in historic events.