Probably the gazillioneth "Missing Mass" question

  • Thread starter Thread starter flameburns623
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flameburns623

Guest
My work is involves highly erratic schedules. Lots of weekends, holidays, evenings, overnights. They try to give me a schedule, but things can change on a dime. This makes it especially tough to maintain active attendance at Mass. Best “fix” is try to know, as best I can, the times of Masses @ multiple parishes. This weekend just past I opted to stop in on Sunday evening at a parish which I THINK has a 4:30 Sunday evening Mass. Get there after work, at 3:15 and find that the evening Mass is actually at 6. Prayed a Rosary, and other devotions but . . . 6 pm was just too late to stay, given I was gonna have to be up again early for a Monday shift. (And, something “warned” me THAT might change). Sure 'nuff: got home, got supper, and laid down. Head hit pillow at 7:30 PM, and the phone rings: ‘Had someone call off: grab an hour’s nap & come in’. So: I’m thinking: missing Sunday Mass this w/e was, AT WORST, a venial lapse, certainly nothing to preclude my receiving Communion next time I can make Mass. Thoughts?
 
I bet you are a nurse. What ever your occupation, if you didn’t deliberately try to miss out on Mass, you didn’t commit a mortal sin. You seem to have done everything you could, even researching Mass times in other parishes. I can’t see where you have committed a sin.
 
I bet you are a nurse. What ever your occupation, if you didn’t deliberately try to miss out on Mass, you didn’t commit a mortal sin. You seem to have done everything you could, even researching Mass times in other parishes. I can’t see where you have committed a sin.
Don’t gamble with money you can’t afford to lose, LOL: I’m in a field related to law enforcement. ;-)) I DO, btw, try to ‘substitute’ a weekday Mass where it is impossible for me to make either Saturday evenings or Sunday Mass. Thanks for affirming that my ‘gut’ sense of this is the likely best read.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top