Profile pics for your social media fast?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DisorientingSneeze
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
But in the end, I couldn’t stomach all of the look-at-me!-look-at-me! competition dominating my newsfeed.
That’s part of it too. Some people do come off that way and I think my assumptions of their motives becomes uncharitable. Can I even wait for Lent or do I quit today? 🤔 😄
 
Hence my paralyzing overthink. Maybe words of affirmation are their love language and this is the only way they can get it? Maybe I should be paying them the compliments they crave?

Maybe (definitely) I’ve been just as self-obsessed at times but it’s not selfies, it’s jokes. Scrolling back on my own feed reading them, snorting and being like good one, me!
 
The way I deal with that is to not post my own stuff very often. I mostly just lurk and comment on others content. I don’t go out of my way to give affirmation unless it is a genuine reflection of my thoughts.
 
Last edited:
I like to look at Zillow and often comment about all of the “Pinterest houses” I see. If you are going to sell a house, check there for the trends you need to know. 😉

If I were giving up social media for Lent, I would skip the “dramatic exit” and say nothing. However, I don’t have Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, so no one will be missing me if I leave! 😂
 
I place money on when the flouncers will come back. (“Bless me, Father . . . .”)

As for Zillow, I’m terrible at decorating, so I like to look for ideas from the realtors and home stagers. On the other hand, a lot of that stuff looks like a bland hotel room, anyway, who knows anything?
 
I generally don’t bother making announcements when giving up social media for Lent. I just do it. I guess I just presume that people don’t notice that I stop posting. 😄
 
I think we might notice, but not respond.

(Now that I contradicted myself, at least, by responding. )
 
If you feel that people will worry and wonder where you’ve gone, I think a simple “taking a break from FB.” would suffice. I’ve had a number of friends do that and it is a courtesy, especially if they posted and reacted often so we didn’t wonder why they went silent.

I don’t think that is dramatic or attention seeking, just a nice head’s up.
 
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Or…

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
 
Sure. I think it probably depends on how you use the social media. I tend to just peruse Facebook and occasionally like or comment on people’s posts, or wish them a happy birthday. I almost never make stand-alone posts. So it would seem weird to me to post “Hey, I’m taking a break from Facebook” because I feel like people would be like “We thought you already were.”

But if I posted and conversed with people more regularly there, that would be a different story.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top