Proof of the great mercy of our Lord:

• Thread starter Thread starter retiredgrampa
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

retiredgrampa

Some unknown but wonderful person placed a devotional card on my car’s windshield one Sunday during Mass. I cannot personally thank him/her, but I can pass it on to other Catholics for their use. The mercy of our Lord is beyond comprehension.
I will copy verbatim the text of the card.
"Devotion to the drops of blood lost by our Lord Jesus Christ on his way to Calvary.
"St. Elizabeth of Hungary, with St. Matilda and St. Bridget, wishing to know something of the passion of Jesus Christ, offered fervent and special prayers, upon which Our Lord revealed to them:
“To all the faithful who shall recite for three years, each day,
2 Our Fathers, 2 Hail Marys, and 2 Glory Bes, in honor of the blood I lost, I will concede the following 5 graces:
1st: The plenary indulgence and remittance of your sins.
2nd: You will be free from the pains of Purgatory.
3rd: If you should die before completing the said 3 years, for you it will be the same as if you had completed them.
4th: It will be upon your death the same as if you had shed all your blood for the Holy Faith.
5th: I will descend from Heaven to take your soul and that of your relatives, until the 4th generation.”
Blessed by His Holiness, Pope Leo XIII in Rome, April 5th, 1890.
Code:
 I pray that all who read this, believe it and begin at once to honor the precious blood of Christ as Our Lord requested. It is an almost unbelieveably easy way to reach heaven without the pains of Purgatory that we all richly deserve, but also to guarantee this blessing to our children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.
Praise and thank Our Lord for His mercy.
On a personal note; I recently completed my 19th month of these prayers with less than 17 to go. I cannot begin to relate how thankful I am to Our Lord( and to the unknown man/woman who placed it on the windshield of my car.)

Thank you.

May the grace and peace of Our Lord reign in our hearts!

I am a faithful Catholic. It sounds terribly superstitious to say “Say these prayers and you and your family for 4 generations are guaranteed to go straight to heaven.”

Indulgences? :eek:

It’s always good to pray, but I would be cautious about believing any human promise about where you’ll end up when you die for praying : “You will be free from the pains of Purgatory” I guess it depends on how much faith you have that this was revealed to the saints by the Lord.

I can not believe there is an easy way to Heaven just for reciting prayers. Actions and true love and faith must matter.

I would hope you pray to bring yourself closer to God. Not as an “unbelieveably easy way to reach heaven”…

40.png
InSearchOfGod:
Indulgences? :eek:

It’s always good to pray, but I would be cautious about believing any human promise about where you’ll end up when you die for praying : “You will be free from the pains of Purgatory” I guess it depends on how much faith you have that this was revealed to the saints by the Lord.

I can not believe there is an easy way to Heaven just for reciting prayers. Actions and true love and faith must matter.

I would hope you pray to bring yourself closer to God. Not as an “unbelieveably easy way to reach heaven”…
As I mentioned before, I am a faithful Catholic. I believe that indulgences are possible. I have not looked into it, but believe wholeheartedly that the Lord could have told certain saints to practice this devotion, knowing it would lead them to heaven. True love and faith, as InSearchOfGod points out, being of utmost importance. To take it out of this context and simply say, “Say these words and you are saved and if you die two days into it you will still go straight to heaven” seems really superstitious and not in the spirit of Catholicism. It is not indulgences that is my problem, but the usurping of them to “guarantee” a reserved seat in heaven for you and family.

InSearchOfGod - normally I would agree with you, but to pray in the proper manner cannot help but to cause a change within us.

40.png
Forest-Pine:
As I mentioned before, I am a faithful Catholic. I believe that indulgences are possible. I have not looked into it, but believe wholeheartedly that the Lord could have told certain saints to practice this devotion, knowing it would lead them to heaven. True love and faith, as InSearchOfGod points out, being of utmost importance. To take it out of this context and simply say, “Say these words and you are saved and if you die two days into it you will still go straight to heaven” seems really superstitious and not in the spirit of Catholicism. It is not indulgences that is my problem, but the usurping of them to “guarantee” a reserved seat in heaven for you and family.
I believe indulgences are possible, but a human can not give these indulgences from God, unless the Lord truly spoke to that human.

I do not believe the Lord would offer such an indulgence as to make His Kingdom of Heaven gauranteed without factoring in essentials, as I said earlier, such as true love and faith.

For example, if you say these prayers for three years, then live the rest of your life in sin and die while not in the grace of God, I don’t believe these prayers you have said for three years would make Heaven your automatic destination.

In addition, I don’t believe any amount of praying can gaurantee a seat in Heaven for other family members who are in charge of their own decisions. Otherwise I could get my grandmother to say these prayers for three years and never care about anything for the rest of my life, which certainly can not be the case!

But for Grace:
InSearchOfGod - normally I would agree with you, but to pray in the proper manner cannot help but to cause a change within us.
I do not see how you are disagreeing with me at all. 😃

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back