Propaganda during and after the Protestant Reformation

  • Thread starter Thread starter CutlerB
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CutlerB

Guest
As many will know, the advent of the printing press allowed for mass publication of propaganda during and after the Protestant revolt in the 16th century. I wondered whether there were people who had “favourite” pieces of such historical propaganda either Catholic or Protestant. It’s interesting to see how things were characterised in that time.

By “after the Protestant Reformation” I really mean anything up until today, but especially up to the 19th century with Bismarck’s Kulturkampf.

Have there been any such pieces that caught your attention or that you find entertaining? Some I’ve seen really are quite funny. :rolleyes:
 
As many will know, the advent of the printing press allowed for mass publication of propaganda during and after the Protestant revolt in the 16th century.
I truly wonder how many people actually believe this.
 
Does building huge and epic churches count as propaganda?

would the church even use propaganda?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top