Prophesy of Popes?

• Thread starter Thread starter Voice_Of_Reason
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Voice_Of_Reason

I remember reading a while ago via a forewarded e-mail about a Saint prophesizing about many of the Popes. These prophesies were done a while back according to the e-mail. I really don’t remember who the e-mail claimed wrote the prophesis. I believe the Saint’s name started with an “M.” If it helps, I believe it was prophesized that our current Holy Father was prophesized as being born during a looner eclipse or something of that nature.

Anyway, if anyone knows what the Hoy See says about these supposid prophesis (and a link to them as I lost the e-mail) and post clarification on the authenticity of this I would appreciate it as we all know that not everything on the internet is true.

Sorry as I’m being very vague here.

40.png
Voice_Of_Reason:
I

Anyway, if anyone knows what the Hoy See says about these supposid prophesis (and a link to them as I lost the e-mail) and post clarification on the authenticity of this I would appreciate it as we all know that not everything on the internet is true.

Officially the church takes no recognition of them, however some pay attention as did John XXIII, who if it was referred to by someone he was visiting with, would present them with a small silver ship.

40.png
Voice_Of_Reason:
I remember reading a while ago via a forewarded e-mail about a Saint prophesizing about many of the Popes. These prophesies were done a while back according to the e-mail. I really don’t remember who the e-mail claimed wrote the prophesis. I believe the Saint’s name started with an “M.” If it helps, I believe it was prophesized that our current Holy Father was prophesized as being born during a looner eclipse or something of that nature.

It was saint Maachy that wrote it. Some of the predictions are pretty amazing, how acurate they are.

I read somewhere that his predictions were actually a 16th century forgery, and that he never made such predictions.

40.png
RNRobert:
I read somewhere that his predictions were actually a 16th century forgery, and that he never made such predictions.
I have heard that also, but I think there isn’t much proof behind that theory.

40.png
jimmy:
I have heard that also, but I think there isn’t much proof behind that theory.
Could be the theory was propounded by those who tend to dismiss anything that smacks of the miraculous. Either way, we’ll know for sure before the century is out- maybe sooner. In the past 100 years we’ve had 8 popes, for an average reign of 12 years. We may have another long lived pope, or we could have another JP I…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back