Prophetic dreams -- St. Bosco's "boat" dream and Year of the Eucharist, connected?

• Thread starter Thread starter whosebob
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

whosebob

Have you ever had a prophetic dream?

Have any of you heard of St. John Bosco’s prophetic “boat” dream? He had the dream in 1862. See the following . . .

kepharocks.org/dreams.html ,

and also

ewtn.com/library/MARY/BOSCODRM.HTM .

I have heard some very level-headed Catholics (seminarians and priests among them) speculating that this prophecy has been fulfilled (or is being fulfilled) in John Paul II viz. his giving the Church the Year of the Rosary and the Luminous Mysteries, and now the Year of the Eucharist; not to mention the other events during his pontificate that closely resemble the events in St. John Bosco’s dream.

The speculation included the possibility that with the Year of the Eucharist having opened, that is with our “ship,” the Catholic Church, moored to both columns (Jesus present in the Eucharist; and Mary, Help of Christians), John Paul II’s reign will come to an end.

What do you think? Has anyone else heard this same speculation?

In the Hearts of Jesus and Mary.

peace be with you!

i have often thought about this question. my thought is that our Holy Father most certainly is doing everything he can to anchor the Church to Mary and the Eucharist. these are the things that the Church needs. but whether or not JP2 is the Pope that will bring peace to the Church through these means…only time will tell. i think that it is interesting to see though that now as he is closer to joining Our Lord for all eternity he is leaving the Church with teachings about Mary and the Eucharist. maybe he is laying the foundations for the Church and a future Pope to be the one to fulfill St. John Bosco’s prophecy. i think that what he is doing is very intentional…but not necessarily the fulfillment of the prophecy. maybe it would be better to say that it is a fulfillment and not the fulfillment. but i certainly don’t know. just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back