G
Godisjesusflesh
Guest
One reason for my agnosticism is protestant. Is it just another heresy like how the catholic has faced like gnosticism and so on?
Agreed.Protestant"ism" is heresy. Protestants, generally, are not. Some protestants are heretics. Some Catholics (former Catholics) are heretics. I guess if one were to be technical, all protestants are material heretics. Though that carries a different gravity from formal heretics. It is a deep issue that requires real in depth talk. Protestants are material heretics in that what they believe is heretical. It’s impossible to generalize accurately but I feel I would be somewhat accurate in saying that 90% of protestants are only protestant simply because they are ignorant of Catholicism. They get all their information on Catholicism from their protestant communities which are ignorant and biased themselves or they get (name removed by moderator)ut from former Catholics who are almost always poorly catechized and left because they didn’t know their faith to begin with.
Very true… and let’s not forget that a big reason that many are the religion they are is because that was the relegion that their parents were and thus were raised that way.… but I feel I would be somewhat accurate in saying that 90% of protestants are only protestant simply because they are ignorant of Catholicism.
You need to explain your positions a bit more fully. How exactly does Protestantism make you agnostic? Because it is hard to figure out whether Protestantism or Catholicism is true, and that makes you think that maybe neither of them is?One reason for my agnosticism is protestant. Is it just another heresy like how the catholic has faced like gnosticism and so on?
Yep. This is a dangerous path and all too often true. I have to admit that I was one of them and it cost me YEARS of being in the true faith not to mention the inacuracies I spread.Protestant"ism" is heresy. Protestants, generally, are not. Some protestants are heretics. Some Catholics (former Catholics) are heretics. I guess if one were to be technical, all protestants are material heretics. Though that carries a different gravity from formal heretics. It is a deep issue that requires real in depth talk. Protestants are material heretics in that what they believe is heretical. It’s impossible to generalize accurately but I feel I would be somewhat accurate in saying that 90% of protestants are only protestant simply because they are ignorant of Catholicism. They get all their information on Catholicism from their protestant communities which are ignorant and biased themselves or they get (name removed by moderator)ut from former Catholics who are almost always poorly catechized and left because they didn’t know their faith to begin with.