Psychic situation

  • Thread starter Thread starter Yogi89
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yogi89

Guest
My friend (who is very nice but a little weird), has a psychic friend who is an older lady, that she has been friends with for quite some time now. She tells her about her life, future, etc. My friend has told me before that she could ask her psychic friend about my future and let me know, and I have told her no and that I don’t believe in those things. Whether their readings are right or not, I think it’s a sin regardless because those senses, in my opinion come from the devil. Anyway, she still talks to her and she tells her things. Recently, she had talked to her psychic friend about our other mutual friends (don’t know if she asked about me), and gave her readings on two of the friends. I don’t know if she had asked about me or not, and I didn’t ask because she might think I was interested. But, I am hoping she didn’t ask about me, because #1) i don’t believe in them, and #2) and i don’t want my friend in my business and thinking that she knows what’s going to happen in my life. It kind of worries me if she asks about me, and I hope this lady will not see anything regarding myself. Any advice on what I could tell my friend?
 
In all honestly, I would distance myself from this friend. This kind of thing scares me and I would get away from this situation immediately if I were you.
 
You’re right not to want to have anything to do with this stuff! If your friend continues to bring it up, you may just have to be very blunt with her and tell her you want nothing to do with it. Period.
 
Any advice on what I could tell my friend?
It doesn’t sound to me like your friend has much interest in what you say or your beliefs. She or he is fascinated by this and will keep on going back, regardless of what you say.

In the end, a psychic who would do any sort of “reading” for someone not present is unscrupulous. So, I suspect a complete fake. I don’t think your friend is much of a friend if they don’t respect you. Might be time to walk away if they won’t put a moratorium a on all conversations about this “psychic.”
 
psychics are nothing but a bunch of con artists. Unless we’re all to believe miss cleo had some God given power that let her predict the future 🤷
 
It doesn’t sound to me like your friend has much interest in what you say or your beliefs. She or he is fascinated by this and will keep on going back, regardless of what you say.

In the end, a psychic who would do any sort of “reading” for someone not present is unscrupulous. So, I suspect a complete fake. I don’t think your friend is much of a friend if they don’t respect you. Might be time to walk away if they won’t put a moratorium a on all conversations about this “psychic.”
Yes, my friend is fascinated by this psychic…which is why she has been her friend for as long as she has, because that’s basically all they talk about when they are together. I really cannot stand psychics, and it’s annoying when my friend talks about it. I know if she asked the lady about me that my friend would not tell me, because she knows I don’t approve.

I don’t want my friend being nosy and thinking that she knows what my future holds by this psychic , and I also do not want this psychic getting any readings on me because I believe those are from devil, so who knows what bad could happen to me. I think I might just slowly drift and walk away from this friend.
 
I have seen documentaries about psychics who use their gifts to help police locate lost or kidnapped children, discover hidden evidence for murder victims, and the like. It doesn’t seem like all of it is truly evil, nor do they use this gift for an evil purpose. I wa quite amazed and happy to learn the results of a very intense investigation where law enforcement used the help of a spiritual psychic to find the body of a murdered woman, possibly a rape victim. I forget where I saw this on TV, many months ago. Most assuredly, there are VERY FEW who are gifted in this way.

That’s not to say we may indulge ourselves with speculative “readings” from amateurs who charge a fee to tell you what you really don’t want to know. 😛 Yes, it is forbidden.
 
I have seen documentaries about psychics who use their gifts to help police locate lost or kidnapped children, discover hidden evidence for murder victims, and the like. It doesn’t seem like all of it is truly evil, nor do they use this gift for an evil purpose. I wa quite amazed and happy to learn the results of a very intense investigation where law enforcement used the help of a spiritual psychic to find the body of a murdered woman, possibly a rape victim. I forget where I saw this on TV, many months ago. Most assuredly, there are VERY FEW who are gifted in this way.

That’s not to say we may indulge ourselves with speculative “readings” from amateurs who charge a fee to tell you what you really don’t want to know. 😛 Yes, it is forbidden.
Well I have heard the exact opposite, that psychics waste far more time and resources than we will ever be able to account for, because essentially all psychic tips amount to nothing. None of those shows cover the endless parade of false tips.

And the Sylvia Browne/Shawn Hornbeck debacle is well known to the internet.

If you line up 1000 people and have them say random things about a case, one of them may kindasorta say something that kindasorta may be kindasorta like some aspect of the case - like “the killer has a tattoo”.

Ok so the killer has a tattoo. We’ll get right on that, ma’am, thanks for the tip.
 
I’m not familiar with the debacle you mentioned, Rainaldo. The program I watched was one where the psychic was well-known and very reliable, not one of the many crackpots who give silly tips that waste resources. The police made special contact with her and had good results. It’s been too long for me to remember the woman’s name. She actually led them to the woods where the body was found.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top