Psychic's Rosary

• Thread starter Thread starter buzzcut
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buzzcut

Did anyone else see on TV that a psychic named John Edward has a new book out … about the Rosary? What do you make of that? The reviews at Amazon.com are quite enthusiastic.

I quote from his site:

“This book explores the power of the rosary as a tool to bring focused energy and creative thought into your everyday life”

as they say on other (less polite) message boards…WTF!

40.png
wOoKiE:
I quote from his site:

“This book explores the power of the rosary as a tool to bring focused energy and creative thought into your everyday life”

as they say on other (less polite) message boards…WTF!
:rotfl: My mom has the same book and I told her to be careful of this. Now, my mom thinks she has a ghost in her house. No kidding, either.

John Edwards does not conjure up demons, he does a cold reading.IF there were really people talking to him would he really need to ask so many questions? If anything he should repent for being a charlatan.

If you take this quote by itself, it makes me ask, isn’t the purpose of prayer to become closer to God and to become one with Christ? It kind of takes the purpose away from the Rosary and turns it into something that is self-serving and almost superstitious.

John Edwards: I’m seeing a man with the name that begins with the letter J… John? Jim? Joe?

Woman: OHHHH… my uncle’s name was Joe!

John Edwards: Yes… your uncle… and he died of… I’m getting heart… something to do with the heart… or lungs… or kidneys… maybe the stomach??

Woman: Yes! Yes! He had stomach troubles but he actually got hit by a bus.

John Edwards: Good good… now he wants me to mention the piano… he played the piano? Or an organ… I see him playing it…

Woman: No… not that I recall. Although he listened to music on the radio…

John Edwards: Yes… that’s it… the RADIO !! He wants me to mention that he liked the radio! And he’s also with a woman… his wife maybe??? He’s showing me a woman with blonde hair… brownish blonde hair… dark brownish blonde…

Woman: Hmm… he wasn’t actually married…

John Edwards: His sister?

Woman: No… no sisters…

John Edwards: Did he have a mother?

Woman: YES!! YES!! He did have a mother! It must be his mother !! OH you are soooooooo good!

pprimeau1976 said:
:rotfl: CLASSIC!!! Was that an actual transcript?

No, but I watched him for like 5 minutes once and that was pretty much how it went. I’m not sure who’s more ridiculous… him or the people who believe him???

Carol Marie, yep, a cold reading the man is full of it. I feel sorry for the folks who pay him!

I have so many probelms in my life right now, that I am trying my best to sty away from anything that even remotely smacks of the occult -like psychics. I suppsoe it could be true that there are good spirits, or that some have an ability to commune with our guardian angels, as people form Biblical times had revelatsion given to them by angels, but hwo do they reallly know? The devil can be incredibly cunning and convining too, I am sure.

A great book on the rosary, which I whole-heartedly recommend is *101 Inspirational Soties of the Rosary *by Sr. Patricia Proctor, OSC. It was written during the year of the rosary, and includes the encyclical about the rosary written by out late Pope. Many of the stories are knock-your-socks off miracles. Great for givign to children near the age of adoclescense, ebfore they stop ebleiving in many things. Great for rejuvenating tired faith and giving hope to even those who never doubted God’s love and Our Mother’s intercession for us. It als has a list of links related to the rosary, and a coupon hat can be sent in for a free rosary.

Sr. Patricia has a web stie for the rosary, which is listed below (but I ordered the book from Amazon). She also has a web site for the year of the Eucharist.

rosary101.com/

I have so many probelms in my life right now, that I am trying my best to sty away from anything that even remotely smacks of the occult -like psychics​

Smart! Stick to your convictions. Most of those “psychics” are rip offs or fruit loops.

Just some thoughts…

I think it’s safe to say- stay away from anyone who claims to be able to talk to the dead for a fee. It is very tempting for people who feel a loss, or just simply an emptyness inside- to want to be more spiritual, and thus try to expose themselves in any way possible to spirtuality (without knowing whether or not the “spirituality” is of the Good or the evil). These are mostly the ones who fall in to the psychic’s trap. I know, because I’ve been one of those people. I learned the hard way that these people are not enlightened by God. God would never encourage anyone to charge money for people to be able to talk to their long lost loved ones.

I think John Edwards is trying to tie the Rosary in with this, so it seems to come off as more holy in some way. Don’t fall into the trap. Some good advice I got from a very loving poster a while back was… “God gives prophecy on a need to know basis, and he doesn’t charge.” The devil has the ability to access this kind of information for his own means however, and he looks for any open door to steal as many souls away from God as possible.

These new age people, that try to get in touch with their spirit guides do not have the same Guide as we do. As someone else said on a post in this forum, if you want to read some good books check out the ones on the saints who lived before us. They are the ones who can teach us how to live the christian life we are all called to live.

Carol Marie-

I absolutely loved post #7. You hit the nail so on the head I could here it all the way over here. Thanks for the laugh!

carol marie:
John Edwards: I’m seeing a man with the name that begins with the letter J… John? Jim? Joe?

Woman: OHHHH… my uncle’s name was Joe!

John Edwards: Yes… your uncle… and he died of… I’m getting heart… something to do with the heart… or lungs… or kidneys… maybe the stomach??

Woman: Yes! Yes! He had stomach troubles but he actually got hit by a bus.

John Edwards: Good good… now he wants me to mention the piano… he played the piano? Or an organ… I see him playing it…

Woman: No… not that I recall. Although he listened to music on the radio…

John Edwards: Yes… that’s it… the RADIO !! He wants me to mention that he liked the radio! And he’s also with a woman… his wife maybe??? He’s showing me a woman with blonde hair… brownish blonde hair… dark brownish blonde…

Woman: Hmm… he wasn’t actually married…

John Edwards: His sister?

Woman: No… no sisters…

John Edwards: Did he have a mother?

Woman: YES!! YES!! He did have a mother! It must be his mother !! OH you are soooooooo good!
:rotfl:

HMMMMM, makes me think of Satan’s standard methodology:

If you can’t beat the things God gives them, twist and pervert them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back