Question about books Anna Catherine Emmerich

  • Thread starter Thread starter Clairvaux
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Clairvaux

Guest
I have a question concerning the works of Anna Catherine Emmerich:

Are the following books of Anna Catherine Emmerich also completly included in the 4 volumes sets of Life of Jesus Christ And Biblical Revelations (4 vol.)& The Life of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ(4 vol.):
  • The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ
  • Mary Magdalen in the Visions of Anne Catherine Emmerich
  • The Life of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Or do these 3 books contains details which are not inluded in the 4 volumes sets of Life of Jesus Christ And Biblical Revelations (4 vol.)& The Life of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ(4 vol.) ?

I hope to hear from you soon and that you can inform me.

Thanks,

Ralph
 
this is the sacred scripture forum. God’s revelation, whole and entire in his Son Jesus Christ, was given over time to his people and is preserved and handed on by holy mother Church through sacred tradition from which sprang the written Word called the bible. That is where you will find the written record of that revelation. It is uneccesary to go to any private sources for further enlightenment and no private revelation will add to or subtract from Divine Revelation, so most of it is IMO a waste of time, except to the persons in that specific time and place to whom it was given, for a specific purpose. When that private revelation focuses attention on a specific aspect of Divine Revelation that is particularly apt for the wider Church, she allows it to be disseminated for the edification of all Christians, but does not add it to revealed Truth and dogma.

I have never read the work in question nor do I plan to, having no need as I have a bible, and a living Church with in and through whom I can learn to interpret it. I find it strange that so often the written works compiled by these alleged visionaries or locutionists fill multiple volumes, while my bible fits in my purse.

Have you a matter of scripture, perhaps suggested by the work in question, you wish to bring up on this forum, because there are some experts here who will blow you away.
 
As I recall Mel Gibson used these books to develop the script of his movie on the Passion.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top