question about divine mercy chaplet

• Thread starter Thread starter RCMom
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RCMom

In order to properly observe the Feast of the Divine Mercy, I understand we need to say the prayers given to Sr. Faustina on each of the nine days, say the chaplet daily, receive Holy Communion and go to confession within 8 days before or after Divine Mercy Sunday, and “celebrate” Divine Mercy Sunday. That is my question - is attending the regular Sunday mass enough, or are we to attend a separate Divine mercy Celebration?

Thanks!

40.png
RCMom:
In order to properly observe the Feast of the Divine Mercy, I understand we need to say the prayers given to Sr. Faustina on each of the nine days, say the chaplet daily, receive Holy Communion and go to confession within 8 days before or after Divine Mercy Sunday, and “celebrate” Divine Mercy Sunday. That is my question - is attending the regular Sunday mass enough, or are we to attend a separate Divine mercy Celebration?

Thanks!
Attending mass on Sunday is enough.

I’m not sure but I suspect that since Sunday is Mercy Sunday, that it counts for all. Did you consider calling your parish and asking them?

BTW…the DMC is one of my very favorite prayers. There was a lone woman who sang it on EWTN Wednesday that broke my heart with the beauty of her sung prayer. Whew!
Pax vobiscum,

thnaks for your replies. I meant to ask Father this morning after First Friday mass but after a major meltdown from my 22month old, I was in a hurry to get out of there. He actually talked about Divine Mercy Sunday, and pointed out the picture of Jesus in the church to the school children. He told us of a separate mass at another church and said he would be there all day (they have veneration, adoration, confession, mass, and then a covered dish supper). SO I knew a separate mass was being celebrated, but was not sure what was required. I would like to go to the second celebration, but am not sure if I can handle it by myself with both kids (6months and 22 months). Hubby is on call and may or may not be available to go.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back