question about Divine Mercy chaplet

• Thread starter Thread starter trillium
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trillium

What do people think about when they pray the Divine Mercy chaplet? I know that rosaries are said with meditation, but I’ve never heard anything about the chaplet.

I’ve used the wounds of Christ, but I would be interested to know as well!

40.png
alyssa:
This is the way I was taught.

40.png
alyssa:
That’s what I usually do as well. meditate on the 5 Sacred Wounds of Christ. And sometimes even the sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary. In any case, I think of the passion of Christ in some way.

For me, it depends. Sometimes I think deeply of the Passion of our Lord, and other times, I will think of the intentions with which I have offered that particular prayer for that day. For ex. I always pray it for the conversion of souls and for the dying. Often I will run through my mind images of people I know personally who are in those states, or images in general of people. Often my mind is filled with images of starvation and war, then of the abandoned, forgotten, lonely…Finally, I always picture Christ at some point during his Passion (usually the scourging).
As was said before- focus on His Passion.

May the Merciful Jesus bless you!

When i pray the chaplet I think about all the situations and people in the world who are in desperate need for the mercy of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back