Question about lustful sin

• Thread starter Thread starter Luney123
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Luney123

If you unsure you committed the sin of lust or not then does that make it not a mortal sinbecause you didn’t have full knwledge? I’m talking more about looking at an attractive woman because sometimes I’m unsure if I looked at her normal or lustfully.

If you unsure you committed the sin of lust or not then does that make it not a mortal sinbecause you didn’t have full knwledge? I’m talking more about looking at an attractive woman because sometimes I’m unsure if I looked at her normal or lustfully.
When there is a temptation then a few seconds may pass before recognizing it and making a decision. Note that in the Baltimore Catechism the criteria are expressed in a slightly different form: a grievous matter, sufficient reflection, and full consent of the will. Partial consent occurs if one does not immediately reject the thought, it awakens in the mind an affection or liking for it. (Venial)

For knowledge, the sinner must be mindful of the serious wrong which means must have full knowledge and reflection or attention, and know that it is grievous.

I know it’s hard for you to understand the situation online and your not a priest but I just like to know before confession. Do you think it was mortal if I was on social media and an attractive woman caught my eye in a bikini. I then clicked on her post and may have looked at her lustfully but I’m not rly sure.(is looking at her behind a mortal sin if I think it is attractive? That’s where my confusion comes in because it’s most likely venial to stare there but does it become mortal?)

I know it’s hard for you to understand the situation online and your not a priest but I just like to know before confession. Do you think it was mortal if I was on social media and an attractive woman caught my eye in a bikini. I then clicked on her post and may have looked at her lustfully but I’m not rly sure.(is looking at her behind a mortal sin if I think it is attractive? That’s where my confusion comes in because it’s most likely venial to stare there but does it become mortal?)
Two things to consider: avoid the near and voluntary occasion of sin, and avoid masturbation (physical and psychic). There may be some appreciation of beauty that is not stimulating; it can be a slippery slope.

Arousal is known from any physiological reaction such as increased heart beat, increased respiration, blood flow increase to the genitals, increase of fluids, pupil dilation, or anxiety. Is that sought intentionally?

Modern Catholic Dictionary, masturbation
Direct stimulation of the sex organs outside of sexual intercourse. The self-stimulation can be physical, by means of some external object, or psychic, by means of thoughts and the imagination. It is a grave misuse of the procreative faculty and when done with full consent and deliberation is a serious sin. The sinfulness consists in setting in motion the generative powers while preventing them from achieving, their natural, divinely intended purpose.

This is definitely an interesting topic - I was always told that if you reject the thought as quick as it came into your mind, then it wouldn’t be a sin as it wasn’t acted upon.

I think it’s when you actively partake in thinking about it and acting upon, that’s when it’s deemed as a sin.

I maybe wrong, but would be interesting to see other people’s thoughts.

I definitely didn’t commit masturbation, and I also didn’t have any fantasies of the woman. I feel like I got some kind of enjoyment of looking though so that’s where I’m unsure if I sinned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back