Question about Marquette Method of NFP

  • Thread starter Thread starter IronicCatholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IronicCatholic

Guest
Hi all. Does anyone use the Marquette method? I see their website but frankly I don’t see nice, solid instructions to follow. Is there a book, or an online class? I am 42 and we have done a version of CCLI’s sympto-thermal method…but given my age and the nursing bit (just had my first period at 3 months postpartum–sigh)…I would like to try something else. My husband is on a medication that would make it inadvisable for me to get pregnant right now.

Thanks–
 
As a follow up to IronicCatholic, just wondering if a woman beyond 6 mo PP who is still breastfeeding 5-6 times a day should be following the breastfeeding protocol or the “return to fertility” protocol. I thought the breastfeeding protocol was for those who are less than 6mo but perhaps not as strict as LAM or ecofeeding.

Probably would help a lot in solving some of the questions I had in my other thread.
 
Hi all. Does anyone use the Marquette method? I see their website but frankly I don’t see nice, solid instructions to follow. Is there a book, or an online class? I am 42 and we have done a version of CCLI’s sympto-thermal method…but given my age and the nursing bit (just had my first period at 3 months postpartum–sigh)…I would like to try something else. My husband is on a medication that would make it inadvisable for me to get pregnant right now.

Thanks–
Marquette Model uses Creighton plus a fertility monitor. Creighton has instructor-led only, either in person or distance. You will not find “teach yourself” instructions on the web.

Contact the Marquette folks for instruction options.

Creighton is mucus only, it’s different than STM as taught by CCLI.
 
I have a blogging friend who has done this method and really likes it. She used to be on STM. The moniter is kind of expensive, but she says it is worth it. Just my two cents! 🙂
 
Marquette Model uses Creighton plus a fertility monitor. Creighton has instructor-led only, either in person or distance. You will not find “teach yourself” instructions on the web.

Contact the Marquette folks for instruction options.

Creighton is mucus only, it’s different than STM as taught by CCLI.
👍 What 1ke said.

Hubby and I use the Marquette Model method. We tried Creighton and when that didn’t work for us, our instructor contacted an instructor that taught the Marquette Model. The monitor is expensive and the test sticks cost too, but considering my age and hubby’s too, we find the costs worth it.
 
Thanks all, this is encouraging–but what if you live in the boonies and don’t have access to teachers of this method? That’s why I am asking about books, etc…

Is Creighton that different from STM?

🤷
 
Thanks all, this is encouraging–but what if you live in the boonies and don’t have access to teachers of this method? That’s why I am asking about books, etc…

Is Creighton that different from STM?

🤷
You can learn via distance teaching, but it is still an instructor-led course under the guidance of a fertility care practitioner. They will supply the book and materials. You cannot buy a Creighton book elsewhere, only through them.

Yes, Creighton is different from STM. Creighton is mucus only, and it is a standardized mucus observation system.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top