Question about prayer to the Immaculate heart of Mary, and devotion to it

• Thread starter Thread starter Catholic_Tom
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Catholic_Tom

How do I explain Mary’s Immaculate Heart to someone, and where can I find this in Scripture? What is the basis of this tradition? I am having trouble explaining the particulars of Devotion to Mary’s Immaculate Heart. These are prayers I found in particular. Thanks!

Fatima Morning Offering
O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer You my prayers, works, joys and sufferings, all that this day may bring, be they good or bad: for the love of God, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for all the sins committed against the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

Morning Offering to the Sacred Heart
O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer You my prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day for all the intentions of Your Sacred Heart, in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world, in reparation for my sins, for the intentions of all our associates, and in particular for the intentions of our Holy Father for this month.

Catholic Tom:
How do I explain Mary’s Immaculate Heart to someone, and where can I find this in Scripture? What is the basis of this tradition? I am having trouble explaining the particulars of Devotion to Mary’s Immaculate Heart. These are prayers I found in particular. Thanks!

Fatima Morning Offering
O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer You my prayers, works, joys and sufferings, all that this day may bring, be they good or bad: for the love of God, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for all the sins committed against the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

Morning Offering to the Sacred Heart
O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer You my prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day for all the intentions of Your Sacred Heart, in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world, in reparation for my sins, for the intentions of all our associates, and in particular for the intentions of our Holy Father for this month.
I’m guessing this will be lengthy and complicated, especially to those not familiar with Catholic piety and devotion; but a good way to start would be the dogma of Mary’s Immaculate Conception. 👍

Many people not of the Catholic faith are taking a new look at Mary and her role in salvation. Have them read the beginning of Luke’s Gospel. How Mary did not understand, but trusted God and became the mother of our savior. Her “Yes” to God allowed the savior to be born into the world. She had to be without sin to to accomplish this. There are Old testament teachings that nothing unclean will ever come in contact with God. Mary’s heart was Immaculately clean. Even Luther and many in the early Protestant movement never doubted this. Later on their followers tried to pass Mary off as just another women. Now there are Lutherans who say the Rosary.

Sorry that I can’t help you more. Faith is a gift and sometimes no amount of apologetics can convince someone concerning a basic truth of our faith. May God bless you for your faith.

Deacon Tony

It’s similar to the devotion of Jesus’ Sacred Heart. Both Hearts are symbols of the love they have for us, but also the pain that the world causes them. Mary’s heart is depicted usually with swords through it, signifying her pain from all the suffering that sins cause her son. Jesus’ heart has the crown of thorns representing our sins I think. Both burn with love for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back