Question, Are these impure thoughts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter anneramones
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anneramones

Guest
I often find myself making movies in my mind involving other people I know or characters from my favorite show, is it impure if these thoughts involve kissing,hugging,people on the same bed (no sex scenes)? Is it an attack from the devil?
 
Remembering your friend hugging you on your birthday, your parents hugging you - no sin. Remembering these same people kissing you chastely on the cheek on the same occasions or in greeting or farewell - no sin.

Why picture kissing/hugging people whilst lying on a bed. or involving people from your favorite show? Temptation to expand the day dream/fantasy further - perhaps a near occasion of sin for you?

Not wise to do so.

Perhaps you could put your imagination to better use by praying for people you know or others around the world. Just listending to the news most days provide enough examples of other people to pray for. Or use your imagination to think of ways in which to be helpful to others.
 
I don’t think any if us can know your intent in the fantasies to make any judgement on that. You are in charge of forming your own conscience.
 
I often find myself making movies in my mind involving other people I know or characters from my favorite show, is it impure if these thoughts involve kissing,hugging,people on the same bed (no sex scenes)? Is it an attack from the devil?
Speak to your priest about this; we’re not in a position to give you guidance.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top