Question for those who wear the blue scapular

• Thread starter Thread starter DavidJoseph
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DavidJoseph

To those of you who wear the blue scapular, whether alone or as part of the five-fold scapular, I have a question …

One of the practices wearers of the blue scapular should do in order to receive the promises that go with it is to pray 6 Our Father’s, Hail Mary’s, and Glory Be’s. When do y’all like to pray those prayers? When you first put on the scapular after your morning shower, perhaps?

Also, which would be better – saying all 6 Our Father’s, then all 6 Hail Mary’s, and so forth? Or saying 1 of each and then continuing with another set of all 3 prayers until 6 sets have been said?

C’mon, surely someone here wears at least the five-fold scapular!

I wear the Brown Scapular 24/7 and only take it off when in the shower or to wash it. However, I am busy doing the devotion to the Drops of Blood that Jesus spilled during His Passion, and this entails 2 Our Fathers, Hail Mary’s and Glory Be’s daily for three years. We (my husband and I) say all the Our Fathers together, then the Hail Mary’s, and then the Glory Be’s. I think it is easier to get confused if you say sets, but I’m sure either way is fine. You could even say 2 of each in the morning, 2 in the afternoon, and 2 before bed 🙂

Have you just started wearing the Blue Scapular?

40.png
CatholicSam:
Have you just started wearing the Blue Scapular?
Yes, as part of the five-fold scapular. I’ve been wearing the brown scapular for several years now, but when my last brown scapular broke, I decided to replace it with the five-fold scapular, which contains the brown, blue, black, white, and red scapulars.

Quick question: Do you pray the rosary every day? If my math is correct, you get all 18 (3x6) prayers in that way! (Of course, I have no idea if the “doubling up” of prayers is frowned upon, or would only make God chuckle when He sees us doing it… Anyway, I tend to do that at times.

Cheers,
Alberich

40.png
CatholicSam:
Is it much bulkier than the Brown Scapular?
A little bit, but not much. And btw, where in Georgia are you from? I live near Athens myself.

40.png
Alberich:
Quick question: Do you pray the rosary every day? If my math is correct, you get all 18 (3x6) prayers in that way! (Of course, I have no idea if the “doubling up” of prayers is frowned upon, or would only make God chuckle when He sees us doing it… Anyway, I tend to do that at times.

Cheers,
Alberich
I do pray the rosary every day, but somehow I doubt that “double-dipping” in that manner would meet the blue scapular requirements.

40.png
DavidJoseph:
A little bit, but not much. And btw, where in Georgia are you from? I live near Athens myself.
We live in Conyers, but my husband works in Madison. We were actually looking at some houses in Athens a few months ago when we were house hunting 🙂 It’s not too common to find someone wearing a Scapular in our parts, is it?

I have only recently seen a 5 fold scapular…do not know anything about them however!

As I’m new to the Catholic faith, the brown scapular intrigues me. Do any of the ladies have a problem with it showing through your clothing (white blouse, for example) and keeping it in place while in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back