Question - Hedge Of Thorns Prayer

• Thread starter Thread starter Bev
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bev

Hello,
I am new here and hoping this is in the right place to post.

I came here to ask if what I’m praying is allowed and if I’m not doing something opposite of what the Bible teaches. I was raised Catholic, Baptized, had Communion, but not Confirmed. Husband was also Baptized Catholic, but nothing further.

We did NOT get married in a Church and here comes the issue and my question. We didn’t have the needed sacraments in time for the wedding date.

A day or two before our marriage I had a VERY strong encounter with what I felt was God’s “informal” blessing of our marriage that I remember and fall back on often when things aren’t going great.

My intention was to have our marriage blessed in the last few years, but the evil one has stopped it from happening in different ways even though my non-practicing husband agreed to do it.

Our marriage has not been in the best place lately and either it’s my own concerned state or he may be in danger of having an affair. It has not come to this, but I’m concerned.

I have been praying the Hedge of Thorns prayer to stop this danger of bad company. Part of this prayer says, “what God has joined together let no man separate”. My marriage was not blessed, so is it “what God joined together”? I asked a Priest about this prayer and he said it was fine for me to pray it despite not being married in a Church, but I’m not sure he was completely familiar with it himself.

Is it ok for me to pray this prayer when in my heart my intention is to have our marriage formally blessed, and my husband hasn’t opposed to doing so? I pray for God to improve our marriage.

I should add that I ask this because I read in one place that it can’t be prayed by someone not married, otherwise it’s considered placing spells instead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back