Question on Crucifix for my home

• Thread starter Thread starter ridesawhitehors
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ridesawhitehors

OK - I’m a bad catholic. 😉
I have no wall crucifix in my home and it has been bugging me for a long time. (I do have a really nice image of Our Lord on the wall though) 😃
Anywho… One reason I don’t have one yet is that I am a little picky and I don’t want to put up one that is a cheapo - or looks goofy. (You know the ones I mean)…
I would really like to find one that looks a bit more realistic, and that will inspire some devotion in those who see it, including myself. Do you have any good connections? I just haven’t found what I am looking for. My house is sort of spanish/western inspired… I am getting a San Damiano cross for one room because it will go very nice. But I would like to find a very nice, more traditional type crucifix, around 18" or so.
Any help would be appreciated if you have a good source.
Thanks.

Printery House has some nice ones in the $30 range.

They used to have some real nice Walnut ones made at the Monastery, but I don’t see them in the newest catalogue.

I have several and all were gifts. One large risen Christ from my father in law was a wedding present, a small mother of pearl crucifix from Israel was a gift from the wife of a Jewish doctor I worked for, a silver one was another wedding gift, a San Damiano one a gift from someone I met at Steubenville, elaborate cross with Trinitarian Icons a gift from Franciscans because I donated something. You need to find some good Catholic friends, have a housewarming, and the gifts will roll in.

I have had the same problem for probably well over a year – finding one that is just right!

Finally, I found a crucifix that depicts Jesus somewhat realistically (flesh color, blood stains at his 5 wounds) and where His hands are in a partly-clenched position. It is by Autom, the Crucifix collection and comes in a variety of sizes. I tried to find it online for you, but didn’t have any luck. I found it at our local Catholic supply store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back