Question on The Angelus

• Thread starter Thread starter Fizendell
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fizendell

I have a cool pamphlet that lists favorite common prayers. In it is The Angelus and shown this way:
Code:
 The Angel of the Lord declared unto Mary.  And she conceived of the Holy Spirit.  **(Hail Mary ***)**
Behold the handmaid of the Lord. Be it done unto me according to Thy word. (Hail Mary )
The Word was made flesh. And dwelt among us. (Hail Mary
)
Pray for us, O holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Let us pray. Pour forth we beseech Thee, O Lord, Thy grace into our hearts, that we to whom the Incarnation of Christ, Thy Son, was made known by the message of an angel, may by His passion and cross be brought to the glory of His resurrection, through the same Christ, our Lor. Amen.

Here’s my question, in the places where it says (Hail Mary ***), does that mean one prays three Hail Marys? If so, is one to meditate on the sentences prior to it, such as one would do during a rosary?

Thanks much!

=)
Fiz

You say one Hail Mary each time. The (***) is just to indicate that you say the entire prayer and not just the 2 words ‘Hail Mary’ as some people have been known to do.

40.png
Ter:
You say one Hail Mary each time. The (***) is just to indicate that you say the entire prayer and not just the 2 words ‘Hail Mary’ as some people have been known to do.
It might have been better if they had shown it as: “Hail Mary…” to indicate saying the remainder of the prayer so it wouldn’t be confusing.

What times of day are we supposed to say the Angelus?

:hmmm: Is it 12 noon and 3:00 P.M.?

Shannin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back