Question on the Trinity?

• Thread starter Thread starter godsent
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

godsent

Last night i was thinking about the father,the son(jesus),and the holy spirit!

I thought to myself,why does nobody ever hear about the father,i can’t put this into words,but its only jesus who we see as the SON OF GOD,but what about the father,who plays a bigger part?

If somome asked to see god,who would they see?..jesus?..the father? or the holy spirit?

I can’t get my head round the trinity,jesus was only human flesh on the earth as so communicate with us,but now hes in heaven,is there any use for him as he was like a tool for the forgiving of sins process,and now god can return back to his one self(one element)?

This may sound blasphmeous in ways,but i need these questions asnwered!

Many many thanks

There are parts of the mystery of the Holy Trinity that we are not capable of understanding, as God has not revealed all to us. So I can’t comprehend for example, what will happen in Heaven when we say “Can I see all three members of the Holy Trinity at the same time?”.

The things I know:
  1. God the Father is revealed through God the Son, Jesus Christ.
  2. No human can see God the Father - that’s in the Bible a lot. The human image of God is Jesus Christ.
  3. The Bible also says “You get to the Father through me, the Son”.
From your questions, Jesus was not just human, He was both human and divine.

I am not sure what you mean by "No one ever hears about the Father, that’s not really true if you look in the Bible and CCC? Although we are to go through the Bride of Jesus, which is the Church, and Jesus.

Jesus is not just a “tool” that outlived His usefulness. Read Revelation, He has a very big part to play the the Last Judgment and at our deaths.

I can’t understand how you can think these things except that you have been poorly catechized about the Holy Trinity. That you can be a Catholic and not know the correct teaching of the Church about it comes as no surprise to me considering the lousy teaching most Catholics have received since the touchy-feely 60’s. If you had been brought up on the Baltimore Catechism you’d know the answers to your questions. I truly do sympathize with you!

Anyhoo, awalt gave you good instruction, to which I only wanted to add this. If you read through the Gospels you will read over and over again that Jesus declared he came, “To do the will of my Father.” He came to reveal the love of the Father to us, you see. Not just in words, but in offering his life in order to redeem us, as the Father desired us to be.

You really ought to read up on the Holy Trinity in the Catechism so you will understand what the Church teaches about the nature of God the Father and of Jesus, the Son of God and God, the Holy Spirit.

40.png
awalt:
There are parts of the mystery of the Holy Trinity that we are not capable of understanding, as God has not revealed all to us. So I can’t comprehend for example, what will happen in Heaven when we say “Can I see all three members of the Holy Trinity at the same time?”.

The things I know:
  1. God the Father is revealed through God the Son, Jesus Christ.
  2. No human can see God the Father - that’s in the Bible a lot. The human image of God is Jesus Christ.
  3. The Bible also says “You get to the Father through me, the Son”.
From your questions, Jesus was not just human, He was both human and divine.

I am not sure what you mean by "No one ever hears about the Father, that’s not really true if you look in the Bible and CCC? Although we are to go through the Bride of Jesus, which is the Church, and Jesus.

Jesus is not just a “tool” that outlived His usefulness. Read Revelation, He has a very big part to play the the Last Judgment and at our deaths.
No human can see God the Father - that’s in the Bible a lot. The human image of God is Jesus Christ.

Will we be able to see the father in heaven?

40.png
godsent:
Last night i was thinking about the father,the son(jesus),and the holy spirit!

I thought to myself,why does nobody ever hear about the father,i can’t put this into words,but its only jesus who we see as the SON OF GOD,but what about the father,who plays a bigger part?

If somome asked to see god,who would they see?..jesus?..the father? or the holy spirit?

I can’t get my head round the trinity,jesus was only human flesh on the earth as so communicate with us,but now hes in heaven,is there any use for him as he was like a tool for the forgiving of sins process,and now god can return back to his one self(one element)?

This may sound blasphmeous in ways,but i need these questions asnwered!

Many many thanks
I don’t know if this will help you, but for me I found the best writings on the Trinity are from early Tertullian.

Please remember that Jesus was not just in the flesh on earth, He ascended into heaven in the flesh as well. His glorified body is in heaven now. He is not Spirit; He is in the flesh now.

As far as a visualization aid: Maybe look at it in a sort of Platonic Form? The only reason we know of Justice is because there is the perfect Form of Justice, which as Christians we would point at the Father here. Our ideas of justice only survive because of the Fathers perfection of persona in it. Does that make sense?

If you listen to the prayers of the Mass, they are offered TO the Father, through the Son, by the power of the Holy Spirit. It is the one sacrifice of Jesus offered eternally to his Father.

As far as “seeing” God, you cannot see God directly with your eyes–not in His divine nature, because He is pure Spirit. But you can apprehend him with you mind, and can love him with your will.

In heaven, some theologians say, the paltry “idea” of God that we can have through our own human understanding will be replaced by God Himself being ‘directly’ connected to our mind and will. This is the beatific vision. We will then see him “face to face” having a direct connection to Him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back