If Sola Scriptura (bible alone) were true, why does the Church need to teach the angels?
QUOTE]
Please accept my apology.


The line went “If … why does the Church need to teach the angels?” which to my understanding implied OUR CHURCH, the Catholic Church and as such I experienced the reference to “Protestants” as being a reference to individual members of the Protestant sect of Christianity.
Due to the fact that there are many different interpretations of the Bible in Protestantism it is difficult to discern which branch is meant, especially since not all adhere to Luther, Calvin, Wesley, etc. I think many of the USA Charismatic leaders on TV ie. TBN etc. would probably accept just about any bible interpretation as being a ‘new revelation’.
I believe we harm our chances of evangelising non-Catholic people by generalising when it comes to their faith. – :stretcher:
Even if we, for example, were talking about Buddhists, (which we were not), it would be proactive to say; ‘in Buddhism such and such’. If we fail to be sensitive to other’s belief systems, an individual, reading the post could experience the generalisation as including him/her/them, overriding their own personal belief and therefore intrusive and offensive. Same as I did. Sorry for my incorrect interpretation.
My prayer is that all should come to the knowledge of God in Christ Jesus, irrespective of their present profession of faith.
Grant, Jesus Christ, that I may know Your mind. That I may think with Your mind. That I may see things as You see them. The end You would attain. The means by which You would attain it. That I may feel about things as You feel about them. That I may use them as You would have me use them. That I may be what You want me to be. That I may do what You want me to do. That I may endure what You want me to endure because You want it. Because I want what you want, in the way You want it, as you Yourself would do it, and endure it were You in my place.