question

• Thread starter Thread starter litesobrite
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

litesobrite

Hi… I have a question, where does the catholic stand regarding creation science?
  1. Does the church accept and/believe, and support the Darwin’s theory of evolution regarding the origin of man being through natural selection?
  2. Does the church have an opinion on Charles Darwin and his contributions to society?
I’m not very familiar yet with all the teachings and views that the church adheres too, please forgive me for that. Surely someone will know.

Thanks

If you are new here, welcome to the board, litesobrite! 😃
40.png
litesobrite:
Hi… I have a question, where does the catholic stand regarding creation science?
  1. Does the church accept and/believe, and support the Darwin’s theory of evolution regarding the origin of man being through natural selection?
Not as Darwin stated it, no. The Church teaches that we must believe the God created one man and one woman in his image and that these first humans are the parents of all human beings who came after them.
  1. Does the church have an opinion on Charles Darwin and his contributions to society?
No. The Church has no official position on the writings of Darwin or his theories. But it doesn’t have an official position on any other scientific theories, either. What the Church tells us is that legitimate scientific investigations into the natural world will not and cannot oppose or negate the Church’s teachings on matter of faith and morals.
I’m not very familiar yet with all the teachings and views that the church adheres too, please forgive me for that. Surely someone will know.
The only way we learn is by asking and reading, isn’t it? I have given you the most basic answer to your questions. I’m sure others will give a fuller, better explanation than I. 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back