Questions about group Rosary

• Thread starter Thread starter caroljm36
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

caroljm36

I thought I had this all memorized, including the Fatima Prayer that Mother Angelica adds on which wasn’t in my Rosary leaflet. But I went to my first group Rosary last night and they added more to the Fatima part, something about the Immaculate Conception and Holy Spirit. It was hard to hear because the choir was practicing at the same time. Does anyone know what this extra part could be?

Also, at the end, after the concluding prayer, they added another Our Father, a Hail Mary, and ?? before the final cross. Were they basically going back out of the Rosary beads the way you go in, starting at the crucifix? Neither my prayer leaflet or Dummies book mentions any of this but just end it at the concluding prayer Hail Holy Queen.

Last, they did the Luminous Mysteries on a Wednesday–isn’t that for Thursdays only?

ewtn.com/Devotionals/prayers/rosary2.htm

I think this may help you. I noticed that at the end, it says that for intentions for the Holy Father, we say more prayers. I forget which ones now, but see it at the end of the page on this link from EWTN. Our group has not done this. I learn something new everyday especially about being Catholic.

I think the days that they are said are suggestion and not required, but I’m not 100% certain.

Dear caroljm36,

I only want to affirm what has been said–the concluding prayers would have been specifially for the Holy Father’s intentions since saying the rosary with others has a plenary indulgence attached to it.

Thanks. That looks like part of what I missed ,but they were definitely saying something about the Immaculate Conception after the Fatima prayer. I didn’t see that part at EWTN.

What does it mean, intentions for the Holy Father? Is it to pray for him?

Dear caroljm36,

It means to say those prayers with the request that God grant the Pope’s requests/intentions. So, while we usually ask God to grant a request of ours, with these prayers we ask Him to grant those of the Pope. He has many intentions, I’m sure, but every month he makes two of them public–a general intention and a missionary intention. You can find these printed in the National Catholic Register and also at EWTN.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back