Questions about saints and mary

• Thread starter Thread starter dlm1188
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dlm1188

I am not a Catholic but I am a Christian, I have always wondered why Catholics prayed to saints and the Virgin Mary? I don’t mean reasons like how Mary is for protection and different people are for different things. I mean why do you pray to these dead people? They are just people right? Do you have scripture that verifies praying to someone other than God? I really would like clarification from an expert please.
Thank you so much for your time an effort.
God Bless
dlm1188

For a thorough explaination, incl. scriptural references try these links. take the time to read, and you’ll have your answers. God bless you.
catholic.com/library/Intercession_of_the_Saints.asp
catholic.com/library/Praying_to_the_Saints.asp
catholic.com/library/Saint_Worship.asp
catholic.com/library/Do_Catholics_Worship_Statues.asp
catholic.com/library/Relics.asp
For the lot and much more- catholic.com/library/mary_saints.asp
And some other good ones-
A bit heavy , but you can try this one too- newadvent.org/summa/507202.htm
You will find there is nothing unbiblical about any teaching of the Catholic Church if you thoroughly investigate it.

40.png
dlm1188:
. I mean why do you pray to these dead people? They are just people right?
Christians do NOT believe they are dead. They are more alive than you and I are. Dead no longer exists for those who are in Christ.

Do you have scripture that verifies praying to someone other than God?
dlm1188

Praying? Sure plenty.

First of all, it sounds like you might have a misconception of what ‘praying’ means.

The verb ‘To Pray’ means ‘To Entreat, To Implore, To Humbly Request’, it comes from the Latin verb Precare - to ask.

People humbly request things of other people all through the Bible. 2 Kings 8:5 for example.

The woman prayed to the king for her house back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back