Questions for women with PCOS

  • Thread starter Thread starter LittleRose
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look into the Pope Paul Institute popepaulvi.com/. They may be able to direct you to someone in your area.
I second this!!

Since I first posted here, I got in touch with them, and it’s been great. We tried the whole metformin (and other things) route, without much success. (I still didn’t cycle.)

Then, last year, I got an ovarian wedge resection. (surgery) After not cycling for over a decade, I began cycling immediately. (And got pregnant on the second cycle after my wedding, so I know they’re fertile cycles!) 😃

Seriously, PPVI can help, and they don’t use birth control pills.
 
Already did. There isn’t a single one in my area (or anywhere reasonably near it) listed in their directory. I’d have to get on a plane or drive several hours to see anybody they list. :mad:

Fortunately, my primary care doctor is Catholic, and seems to support our use of NFP. He’s the only doctor I’ve ever been to who hasn’t looked at me like I’m from outer space when I said we use it. In fact, he didn’t even bat an eyelash! 🙂

I asked him if he knew of any GYNs who wouldn’t just try to throw the Pill at the problem, and he referred me to one who is an active Catholic at one of the local parishes.

I also have friends who try to be open to life, so if this GYN doesn’t pan out, I may ask them whom they go to.

I know there must be Dr’s all over the place who support NFP and, for whatever reason, aren’t listed places like One More Soul. It seems the best way to find them is by word of mouth.
Maybe…an endocrinologist specializing in fertility can help a little? It may bring another difficulty that I’ll mention below but at least it may bring you closer to goal of getting well and getting more options than just birth control.

I was sent to one (at a fertility clinic) by my gyno before I met my NFP doctor. He got me started down the right track with the metformin with other suggestions for treatment.

My only complaints* about him in particular* was that 1.) the dosage of met he gave me was half the normal dose (your doc may not be so timid) and 2.) his tunnel vision regarding achieving pregnancy.

Which is fine but I was there to treat PCOS and not to simply get pregnant (first visit and already he’s talking about getting a sperm count). While he was not talking about birth control pills, he did talk IVF. I get it…it’s his job to help women get pregnant. We both knew we weren’t a “fit” for each other when I showed up and stated that pregnancy was not my focus at the time. But it was miles better than nothing at all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top