Questions on birth control again

  • Thread starter Thread starter brendenseth
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brendenseth

Guest
After much thought me and my wife have decided to use NFP. We are unclear however on which method to use, we have been talking to a nurse who has classes on the mucus method. But I read the sympto thermo method is more effective. Any of your thoughts are appreciated, thank you!
 
My husband and I use the sympto-thermal method and I like it because there are several ways to cross-check (temp, mucus, and cervix check). We used classes through the Couple to Couple League (ccli.org)

Keep in mind that all methods have their pros and cons, so it is up to you two to evaluate which method works best for you two. That’s the great thing about having more than one method available.

I like the iusenfp.com website (and facebook page). It will give you some good info to compare NFP types.

NFP takes some sacrifice and work but soon it will become a habit and you will find that it is really good for your marriage!
 
My husband and I have been using the Creighton method and it’s fairly easy and accurate. Our second choice was the Ovacue fertility monitor and we almost went with that because it was shiny and “scientificy” but I’m glad we went with Creighton instead.
 
Have you read the book, “Taking Charge of Your Fertility?” If not, I reccomend it. It is not religious in nature, but describes both of these methods.
 
After much thought me and my wife have decided to use NFP. We are unclear however on which method to use, we have been talking to a nurse who has classes on the mucus method. But I read the sympto thermo method is more effective. Any of your thoughts are appreciated, thank you!
Sympto Thermal, Creighton, Billings, and Marquette are all effective.

Some are a better fit for an individual couple than others, based on many factors. For example, those who travel, work shifts, etc, may prefer the mucus only methods over the temping method.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top