Quick question on prayer appropriateness

• Thread starter Thread starter FuzzyBunny116
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FuzzyBunny116

I’m trying (trying being the key word here) to learn how to play guitar. Would it be appropriate to pray for help? Or is it so unessential to life that it wouldn’t be right asking for it?

we are called to pray without ceasing. turn everything you do into a prayer. prayers of joy, of frustration, of hope, of amusement even. bring God into everything you do in life, whether you’re doing the dishes or learning to play the guitar. no sincere prayer is inappropriate i think.

40.png
little_flower:
we are called to pray without ceasing. turn everything you do into a prayer. prayers of joy, of frustration, of hope, of amusement even. bring God into everything you do in life, whether you’re doing the dishes or learning to play the guitar. no sincere prayer is inappropriate i think.
Amen to that!
Josh

Who knows? Maybe some day you will end up being one of the greatest Christian artists ever. It might not be as ‘unessential’ as you think, only God knows.
It can’t hurt to pray, if God knows it will be beneficial for you then He would be happy to help. If God doesn’t care either way, well it’s not like God doesn’t have the time to help you out or hear your prayer - God always seems to have an amazing amount of spare time regardless of what’s going on. If God knows that it would be harmful for you, then He just won’t grant your prayer. In any case, prayer turns up as a plus.

Pray about everything! I’ve definitely got to work on that, but for instance, yesterday was my first day of working alone at the parish office. Every time the phone rang, I said a quick prayer before picking it up, that I would be able to answer the person and not give them wrong information (and God said okay, and I had easy questions like, “what time is Mass?” 🙂 ).

Nothing is too small for God! Ask Him to help you praise Him through your music! :bounce:

God bless,

Marian84 👋

Oh Lord, please bless this music that it might glorify your name.
May the talent that you have bestowed upon me be used only to serve you.

Let this music be a witness to your majesty and love, and remind us that you are always watching, and listening, from your throne above.
May your presence and beauty be found in every note, and may the words that are sung reach the hearts of your people so they will draw closer to you.
May your Spirit guide us through every measure so that we might be the instruments of your peace, and proclaim your glory with glad voices.

40.png
FuzzyBunny116:
I’m trying (trying being the key word here) to learn how to play guitar. Would it be appropriate to pray for help? Or is it so unessential to life that it wouldn’t be right asking for it?/QUOTE

Good question ! I have found that a lot of people have this question . You see, God our Heavenly Father would like nothing better than hearing us pray unceasingly. Praying for guidance or strength, or even praying for help to take on new tasks. THIS IS HOW HE BLESSES US. He is our Father. He wants us to ask him for help. No matter what our undertakings may be. If it’s something He doesn’t want us to do, He will let us know. Nothing we do is unessential in this life as long as we pray about it. 7 years ago my son died,…I asked God to help me take my life. I couldn’t live with this pain that brought my whole life to a screeching halt. I begged Him to take me. I prayed for 2 years for Him to take me. During that time the pain was paralizing. I was here in the physical, emotionally I was in the Valley of the shadow of death. 2 years of daily mass and the Divine Mercy.Then I started praying that He help me with this pain,and He did, as soon as I asked Him.He is still with me, He showed me that that was my son’s journey not mine.I pray about everything and anything, I prefer to have His guidance in everything I do. And you should too.

Blessings

Well, obviously a prayer like “God, please help me to play guitar well so I can be rich and famous!” probably isn’t a good one, because the desire to be rich and famous is sinful. However, seeing as how that’s not the case, a prayer to God is certainly not wrong. Just don’t blame it on God if perhaps the prayer doesn’t seem to be helping. It’s true, God answers every prayer, but that doesn’t mean He gives us things we don’t need for His will to be done. And of course we may need to be patient, God may not answer prayers instantaneously, it may also take years of work on our part to achieve something good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back