Quotations 4 Holiness

• Thread starter Thread starter Sanctus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sanctus

I thought we might all share some of the lesser known quotations about our faith, quest for holiness, Catholic Church, God etc.

The one I recently saw appeared in an old issue of “This Rock.” I can’t even remember who wrote it but I find that it is amazingly true…it goes like this:

“At the instant I was received into the Catholic faith, I comprehended why artists depict the saints with solemn expressions. Earthly temptations come clothed in seductive guises but prove empty once they are indulged. The things of God are often shabby on the outside, but when they are embraced they prove nourishing and satisfying beyond all expectations. I had discovered the secret smile hidden behind every saint’s face. I thought I had assumed a weighty burden, but instead I found that I had gotten the last laugh.”

40.png
Sanctus:
I thought we might all share some of the lesser known quotations about our faith, quest for holiness, Catholic Church, God etc.
My formation is based on re-living, in a sense, Jesus and Mary.

Offhand I can’t think of anything that fits what you are looking for so I decided to post these two sentences from the Gospels for now because of how essential they are for me in living my spirituality.

Doing the will of God is essential:

"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. Matthew 7:21

Many years ago a situation occured that was extremely difficult for me, my family, and my neighborhood, including my parish.

At a certain point I knew God was asking me to visit a family I had never met before. They were suffering far more than the others.

I knew this visit could either lead to restoring the peace that had disappeared in one horrible moment…or it could escalate it.

My pastor agreed and suggested it would be better if I went alone.

As I was getting ready to go, I was telling Jesus that I honestly thought He was asking too much of me and I decided to seek help from our Blessed Mother who I hoped would surely take my side.

Her words were: “Do whatever he tells you.” John 2:5

I did. And not only was peace restored, but also the seeds of unity among all concerned, started sprouting; something that previously seemed impossible.

Maria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back