racism

  • Thread starter Thread starter charles_markle
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
=charles markle;6676300]My daughter is 22 years old. She is dating a black man. I have know broblem with it, but my wife does. She is using the Bible to justify her racism. She is not a catholic. I need help explanying that she is wrong.
Racism is DUMB!

I didn’t choose to be whtie:thumbsup: Did you get to choose your race:shrug:

I didn’t choose to Irish and French

They don’t chose to be non-white; so on what logical or moral grounds beyond personal desire to hate; do we have a right to hold these kinds of opinions.

Here is what Jesus say’s:

**Matt. 22: 36-38 **“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. **And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets.” **

Suggest she need get right with God:o

Love and prayers,
 
I think it is better to marry someone who is of the same race and culture. Marriage is hard enough without having to deal with cultural differences.
 
My daughter is 22 years old. She is dating a black man. I have know problem with it, but my wife does. She is using the Bible to justify her racism. She is not a catholic. I need help explaining that she is wrong.
On CA Live Jimmy Akin got a question like this awhile back.
He mentioned how when Moses’s wife died he took a Cushite (Ethiopian) woman as his new wife.
His mother objected:
1 Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman whom he had married, for he had married a Cushite woman; 2 and they said, “Has the LORD indeed spoken only through Moses? Has he not spoken through us also?” And the LORD heard it. 3 Now the man Moses was very meek, more than all men that were on the face of the earth.
4 And suddenly the LORD said to Moses and to Aaron and Miriam, “Come out, you three, to the tent of meeting.” And the three of them came out. 5 And the LORD came down in a pillar of cloud, and stood at the door of the tent, and called Aaron and Miriam; and they both came forward. 6 And he said, “Hear my words: If there is a prophet among you, I the LORD make myself known to him in a vision, I speak with him in a dream. 7 Not so with my servant Moses; he is entrusted with all my house. 8 With him I speak mouth to mouth, clearly, and not in dark speech; and he beholds the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?” 9 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against them, and he departed;
10 and when the cloud removed from over the tent, behold, Miriam was leprous, as white as snow. (Numbers (RSV) 12)
Jimmy’s take was that since Miriam objected to Moses marrying outside her race making her leprous was God’s way of saying “I’ve got your white right here!”
Dunno how much ice that will cut with your wife.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top