Rape, incest, and mortal sins

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hymnless
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hymnless

Guest
Hey there

Question as to the interpretation on fornication and chastity on survivors of rape, incest, etc. Is the survivor considered to have sinned? If not, where do they stand as far as chastity is concerned?

Thanks!

I’m not sure why this was considered inappropriate and flagged to be hidden but that’s a stellar way for trauma to stay hidden.
 
Last edited:
Man that would be some next level trolling. Sorry, I didn’t see the post from earlier.
 
I was sexually abused for 12 years by someone who used religion and shame to keep me quiet. This question is something that has scared me so much that it’s taken years to be able to ask, even with the anonymity of the internet.

Being asked if I’m a troll and then having my post flagged as inappropriate is EXACTLY why religious shaming is so effective. This is what pushes people away from the church. Glad that some other jerks could come through and remind me why I do not belong. Really appreciate it.
 
I asked because I was told for years that I was sinning and that I was the problem and I don’t know a better way to ask the question.
 
Sexual abuses should definitely not stay hidden nor should the victim be blamed. Victims did not sin against chastity in any way, shape or form. I’m sure there are Christian martyrs who have undergone rape and torment but are now saints in Heaven. The one who sinned is the perpetrator.

Defending the offender instead of the victim via silencing and shaming gave us the Church abuse scandals. But no way is this blame the victim only practiced in the Church. Families who have experienced incest have also blamed the victim while defending the perpetrator.

I am sorry you had to go through hell and then blamed for it. May God give you healing and peace.

Praying for you.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top