Reading for Lent

• Thread starter Thread starter MCOLE
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MCOLE

Any suggestions for reading during Lent would be appreciated!

Thanks!
M

“On The Passion of Christ” by Thomas a’ Kempis.

“Life of Christ” by Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ” by Catherine Emmerich

For those who may not have a great deal of time, there are Lent calendars with some short readings for each day. Some retreat houses/secular orders sponsor a day of reflection. Our Franciscan group is having a half day of reflection, starting with Mass and continuing with an instruction period by a Franciscan priest.

Have a Holy Lent,
Deacon Tony

The Good Shepherd manages us with rod and staff. The rod is to urge us forward, the staff to snatch us from pitfalls. I would suggest, in addition to pious Catholic authors, or the Bible, to get a little “rod and staff” tough love incentive.

Read Pastor Richard Wurmbrand’s Marx & Satan documenting the overt satanic writings of Karl Marx and his comrades. Wurmbrand was a friend of Bishop Sheen, and testified before Congress on his imprisonment and torture in Romania under Communism, removing his shirt to show the grievous scars.

Wurmbrand founded Voice of the Martyrs, which continues his work (online, too) with such things as buying Sudanese Christians enslaved by Muslims their freedom. Get a full persperctive of the seductive nature of the Father of Lies and Murder who can hide such evils under the guise of an economic system.

I am starting with “Summa of the Summa” then moving on to “Summa” by St. Thomas Aquinas. I am studying it carefully like a text book. I will get through both 🙂

Fidelis said:
“On The Passion of Christ” by Thomas a’ Kempis.

“Life of Christ” by Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ” by Catherine Emmerich

This is a great list, and I’ll be reading at least one of these during Lent. If I may be so bold, I’d at a complementary book to this list: “To Know Christ Jesus” by Frank Sheed.

40.png
awalt:
I am starting with “Summa of the Summa” then moving on to “Summa” by St. Thomas Aquinas. I am studying it carefully like a text book. I will get through both 🙂
😃 With God’s help you will! He definitely put the drive in you to conquer it!

Peace,
Jen

Thank you all so much…I’m writing all these down. I ordered the audio set “From the Upper Room to the Empty Tomb” to listen to on my way to and from work. Have any of you listened to these?

Thanks again!👋
M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back