W
WenckebachCath
Guest
Can anyone here nicely explain to me what is the reasoning behind the reforms of Vatican II? My understanding is that this was to correct some excesses that had developed over the years, and to attempt a return to some earlier Church practices? Also, it changed some negative sounding wording in the Mass regarding the Jews, and tried to assume a less triumphalistic approach to both non-Catholics and non-Christians?
I was very young during these changes and only vaguely remember the transition period. I more vividly remember the subsequent litugical experiments with folk Masses (fond memories I might add).
I haven’t read any of these documents and don’t plan to, but was hoping that some of those who have can provide a synopsis of the main thrust of them, and the original intent in calling this council?
I was very young during these changes and only vaguely remember the transition period. I more vividly remember the subsequent litugical experiments with folk Masses (fond memories I might add).
I haven’t read any of these documents and don’t plan to, but was hoping that some of those who have can provide a synopsis of the main thrust of them, and the original intent in calling this council?