Receiving a Sacrament without Confession?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GoldenSparrow09
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GoldenSparrow09

Guest
Hello everyone. I was recently Confirmed under the Catholic Church. I was informed that there would be a priest for Confession during my Confirmation Retreat, however, the priest couldn’t make it, so I did not Confess beforehand. I’ve been reading the forums for quite some time and it is to my recent understanding that receiving a sacrament while not confessing a mortal sin (in my case, masturbation) is a REALLY bad thing (I had been repenting weeks before the actual Confirmation if this makes a difference)…is this true? Am I going to hell? Please help, I feel very terrible about all of this!! 😦
 
Receiving a sacrament such as Confirmation while in a state of mortal sin keeps you from recieiving the graces of the sacrament. Once you confess your mortal sin and the fact that you received Confirmation unworthily (although one could argue that this is not sinful since you were planning to confess and did not have the opportunity you expected), the graces of your Confirmation will become active. You need not worry about going to hell for this. Just get to confession, tell the whole story and you’ll be just fine. No sin for which you are truly sorry is unforgiveable.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top