F
fieldsparrow
Guest
Hello… again. So, as it is possible I may receive my first Eucharist at Easter Vigil, I have a question. As I have been reading I feel I should not receive the Body of Christ in hand, but on the tongue. However, I’m a little nervous about it.
This is really a dumb question, but is there any way to practice such that I don’t end up, say, accidentally biting Father’s fingers or doing something equally stupid? I can’t say I’ve ever had anyone put anything on my tongue in that fashion and it seems unusual in my parish to receive on the tongue, so I doubly don’t want to mess up in some horrifyingly embarrassing way that ends up less respectful of the Body of Christ than if I just received in hand.

This is really a dumb question, but is there any way to practice such that I don’t end up, say, accidentally biting Father’s fingers or doing something equally stupid? I can’t say I’ve ever had anyone put anything on my tongue in that fashion and it seems unusual in my parish to receive on the tongue, so I doubly don’t want to mess up in some horrifyingly embarrassing way that ends up less respectful of the Body of Christ than if I just received in hand.