Recommendation for rosary on tape/CD?

• Thread starter Thread starter stevendmo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stevendmo

Hello. I’m an infrequent poster who is in search of advice – specifically, a recommendation for a good (moving, prayerful) version of the Rosary on cassette or CD . . . the sort of thing one might play in the car if one wished to pray the rosary during a long drive.

I used to have a version on tape that was very robotic – the rosary sounded more like an inventory list that several people were chanting aloud. That’s the OPPOSITE of what I’m looking for. I appreciate a good “guitar & piano” Mass (not everyone’s thing, I realize) and the music of John Michael Talbot. A recording of the rosary with that kind of atmosphere/mood would deepen my prayer life, I believe.

I’m starting a job this fall that will give me a longer commute, so I figure this is a good time to try to develop a rosary habit again. The right tape/CD would help a lot! Thanks for any advice.

Steve

Steve, I recommend a CD “The Complete Still Waters Rosary” it is done by Vinny Flynn & Still Waters. It includes all 20 Mysteries, it has brief scriptural meditations and background music. I purchased it at a Catholic bookstore. I have heard some people do not like the background music but the music on this CD is very much in the background and does not take away from the rosary. I believe it is very well done.
Still Waters is also featured sometimes on EWTN Divine Mercy.
I travel in my work also and take the CD in the car with me, my wife and I also use it at home.
It’s put out by Spirit Song Ministries, 1-888-549-8009.
Hope this helps,
Dan

I recommend the rosary CD just put out by Mark Mallett - and yes, I have to say that he is a personal friend of mine! I think that it’s awesome.

You can give it a listen on his website before ordering to see if it’s your style:

markmallett.com/RosaryCD.html

Click on the listen link to preview the rosary CD

Hope this helps!!
Danielle

Please tell Mark that the music is great!

I’m thinking of using his CD as a fundraiser for my trip with the Helping Hands Medical Mission!

I totally recommend Mark’s rosary CD fundraiser! They sell very well - our parish made quite a bit and send a lot of parishoners to the a special rosary event for free!

Danielle

I just got the “Rosary is a Place” CD’s by Father Benedict Groeschel and Simonetta - they’re a little different than the ones that play on EWTN - more reflections/meditations. Beautiful music and wonderful people speaking the prayers reverently and at a pace that is not too fast or too slow.

I LOVE the CD’s - I’ve been a little slow to embrace the Luminous Mysteries but this will help me get with the program, I think.

saintphilomena.com

And thanks for the other recommendations, above - I might get those, too.

Elizabeth

I place this one above all!!

Father Kevin Scallon and Dana you can order this at Cool to be Catholic or just put it in a search engine

I’ll second the recommendation for Fr. Groeschel’s Rosary. I heard it on Catholic Radio (Ave Maria Radio in Detroit & Saginaw, MI) a couple months ago. As stated by Elizabethjoy - beautiful & reverent. There’s something about Fr. Groeschel’s voice that I just love…

Thank you to everyone who responded with suggestions. I’ve listened to segments of Mark Mallett’s “Journey to Mary”/Rosary CD online now, and I really think that will be a great match for me. I look forward to ordering it – and even more to putting it to good use during my commute next fall.

Thanks again!

Steve

Glad that I was able to help. I’m sure that you will love Mark’s CD
God Bless
Danielle

The Mary Foundation has one that you can order for a very small donation. It is just the prayers, however. There is no meditation. It also has the spoken divine mercy chaplet and daily prayers. It would be useful for teaching children the prayers.

40.png
Zosimus:
I place this one above all!!

Father Kevin Scallon and Dana you can order this at Cool to be Catholic or just put it in a search engine
Absolutely beautiful…with an irish, soft accent, Father speaks so sweetly about what we should be concentrating on, and uses examples. I love this CD because it helps me to concentrate more on the reasons, as aposed to getting lost in the repitition. The Prayers are said more deeply by me, and more from the heart.

Then there is his sister singing the beautiful prayers in between…it is pure love!

I am currently trying hard to purchase my 5th copy. I have given the last 4 away to people in deep loss or painful situations in their lives. Now i am without, and missing it soo much lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back