Reconciling fate & divine intervention...?

• Thread starter Thread starter BenRosa
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BenRosa

Greetings:

I’ve always had trouble reconciling the idea of praying for some good and our Father’s intervention into our affairs. We are given the gift of free will, to choose as we wish. Yet, we pray to our Father (or for intercession on our behalf by others) for specific beneficial situations or endings, when something appears out of our control.

Quesion: In what situations does our Father intervene on our behalf if at all (and this may be many people praying for the same outcome, say like world peace)?

I realize that original sin brought misery into this world. How can petitioning our Father for it’s (misery) removal be expected to happen?

Prayers of thanksgiving, glory, and courage I have no problem with, but in asking for outcomes…I have doubts and need guidance.

Thanks in advance for any and all…

All prayers should follow Jesus’ example – He prayed for a specific outcome in the Garden, but added “not my will, but Thine be done”. We can pray with confidence, however, because often God wills it, but only if we ask. If you have doubts as to what kind of prayers God will answer, remember Christ’s words:

:bible1: “Which one of you would hand his son a stone when he asks for a loaf of bread, or a snake when he asks for a fish? If you then, who are wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good things to those who ask him.” Matthew 7:9-11

:bible1: "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. " Matthew 7:7-8

:bible1: “And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it.” John 14-13-14

Yes, thank you for gathering those quotes…they are helpful and I will remember them and pray with faith to our Father through Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back