Refusing help of others

• Thread starter Thread starter LukasLuke
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LukasLuke

Hello,

So I wanted to ask you, I have some problems in my life, but I don’t really want to tell people what problems do I have. However, my parents want to help me, because they know that something is not right. But I just want to keep these problems to myself and to God right now…

Is this a sin that I have refused the help of others? If yes, is it mortal or venial sin?

Thank you so much!
P.S.: Sorry if there are some mistakes, I am not a native speaker 😀

Is this a sin that I have refused the help of others? If yes, is it mortal or venial sin?
It depends, if you really really really need help (in drug addiction for exemple) then yes you have to accept help, but if its something trivial such as “your car is doing a funny noise and your dad is a mechanic” then its up to you.

if i said something wrong PLEASE correct me.

If you’re putting a burden on other people by not accepting help, it’s definitely a selfish act.

It’s also a lot kinder to confide in your parents, whatever it is, than to mope and make them worry.

Its always good to pray to God for help, but dont forget God usually use people to send you the help you need… it all depends on what kind of help you need.

if you dont want to go your parents tell that to God, He’ll provide you with the help you need, but dont be surprised if it’s one of your parents, trust God. He knows how to help you.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord…

Last edited:
Is this a sin that I have refused the help of others?
I cannot say if it is a sin or not, but I can say from personal experience that having a child that obviously needs help of some kind consistently refuse any help or even advice is incredibly frustrating for a parent, and risks damaging the basic relationship. Not to mention that knowing you have problems and refusing to do anything about them just makes no sense to me.

If you’re putting a burden on other people by not accepting help, it’s definitely a selfish act.

It’s also a lot kinder to confide in your parents, whatever it is, than to mope and make them worry.
I agree with this. It’s nearly always easier to deal with the known than the unknown. Reality often isn’t nearly as scary as what the imagination can conjure up.

I would suggest bringing this up to a priest. Not only can he advise on whether or not it is a sin, but he could also advise on help for the problem itself if it is a sin or an “occasion of sin”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back