Relationship between God's Divine Agenda and Divine Grace

• Thread starter Thread starter QuestioningMyFaith
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

QuestioningMyFaith

Miracles are no stranger to our Catholic faith, however in the overwhelming majority of instances when God’s grace is extended, it is primarily for no other purpose than to peddle a message–typically to nonbelievers–about Our Lord’s own existence and might. In this sense, the humans whom Christ exercises his mercy upon serve little other purpose than be as pawns in God’s game.

The story of Job is a good example of God’s game in action, where He, in order that He might prove a point, allows the enemy to nearly destroy His faithful servant who only desired His creator’s heart. There’s no way on Earth that the Father would ever allow the enemy to even scratch Mary physically, as she alone is loved by God in the genuine sense–however He gleefully establishes through the Sacred Texts, that the rest of us are expendable pawns that serve little purpose than to propagate His messages.

Think back to all of the Men and Women during Christ’s life who were suffering from a plethora of debilitating illnesses; While Jesus in His “omnibenevolence” healed many of these individuals, it was nonetheless by nature of His permissive will that they had been impaired to begin with. Superficially, one could argue that their temporal suffering was a “necessary sacrifice” to demonstrate the extent of God’s great eternal power, however I dare say that underneath these miracles lies a hidden, implicit message, namely that, unless you’re Mary, Christ will only extend graces to you if, in some way, it supports the narrative.

In instances where the exercise of supernatural graces would be an objective good–albeit not for evangelistic purposes, Jesus has been shown to outright reject the distribution of such graces that He would apparently deem useless (2 Corinthians 12:9).

If a saint needs to be canonized real quick, Jesus will suffer to, through His Mother, invest a modicum of grace towards whichever customer needs it inasmuch as it will return Him additional adulation. If, however, you happen to be among the millions of people suffering with debilitating illnesses whose healing wouldn’t drive up prayers or publicity, you will be discarded and forgotten until the day you die.

Catholicism has, by God’s very hand–been reduced to little more than a corporate affair; Gone are the miracles that actually have personal, tangible, and physical effects that are extended out of love for the good of the individual, and in their place is a Corporate Christianity, wherein we tirelessly toil through a valley of tears for no other purpose than to grow the Divine Brand.

Last edited:

In instances where the exercise of supernatural graces would be an objective good–albeit not for evangelistic purposes, Jesus has been shown to outright reject the distribution of such graces that He would apparently deem useless (2 Corinthians 12:9).
2 Cor 12
9 And he said to me: My grace is sufficient for thee; for power is made perfect in infirmity. Gladly therefore will I glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
It shows that God gives the graces sufficient to resist all temptations to mortal sin, with the willful consent of the person.

Last edited:
however I dare say that underneath these miracles lies a hidden, implicit message, namely that, unless you’re Mary, Christ will only extend graces to you if, in some way, it supports the narrative.
If this were the case then we would never be able to achieve Heaven since we are born in sin. No, I think God extends his grace to us throughout our lives at all times. It is up to us to respond with OUR WILL freely given to us by God. He allows us to cooperate with Him, to be saved if we wish, or reject his grace eternally. Free will doesn’t mean you get to refuse God and be happy as well, He created you for His purposes but allowed you to choose if you will cooperate…a gift in and of itself.
If, however, you happen to be among the millions of people suffering with debilitating illnesses whose healing wouldn’t drive up prayers or publicity, you will be discarded and forgotten until the day you die.
Do not forget that as Catholics suffering and adhering to the will of God is meritorious. I haven’t been to Heaven yet, but I fully believe those who believe and live to serve God while still encumbered or disadvantaged merit far more reward in Heaven than I ever will. In fact, because of this, being allowed to suffer on this earth and still choose God is a gift in and of itself, if you choose to accept God’s will for you.
Catholicism has, by God’s very hand–been reduced to little more than a corporate affair; Gone are the miracles that actually have personal, tangible, and physical effects that are extended out of love for the good of the individual, and in their place is a Corporate Christianity, wherein we tirelessly toil through a valley of tears for no other purpose than to grow the Divine Brand.
I don’t know where you are getting this. Catholicism is the original christian religion, yes there are people who do bad things in the name of God (pharisees anyone?) But that doesn’t mean God doesn’t see them for what they are. God is just, and we will all see the exact proper judgement of everyone at the end of time.
Gone are the miracles that actually have personal, tangible, and physical effects that are extended out of love for the good of the individual
Since when does God owe anyone anything? He created you and everything you know or understand and even more, is that enough of a miracle? Have you obeyed Him all your life? No? Me either! I consider myself lucky to still be breathing with some of the things I’ve done to other people and against God…He is merciful, and miracles are happening every day.

Last edited:
wherein we tirelessly toil through a valley of tears for no other purpose than to grow the Divine Brand.
If you suffer every day of your entire life and still praise God, you have given glory to Him, and righteously at that. If by the “Divine Brand” you mean the glory of God (I know this is not your intended meaning), then that IS your purpose and everyone else’s purpose. God created you for his glory and he has extended you that invitation every single day of your life even if you reject him until the day of your death. In your last instance of life he still invites you to be with Him forever in Heaven, is that a miracle? is that merciful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back