Religious Orders for Teaching Priests

• Thread starter Thread starter bknebel
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bknebel

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any information regarding religious orders or even dioceses that allow priests to be teachers, or should i say teachers to be priests?

Either way…

In considering my life’s vocation, I am torn between teaching and the priesthood. I may fix it by melding the two… I’m an elementary Education and Early Chilhood education major

Thanks!

It is my understanding that the Jesuits are the teaching priests. If I’m wrong, someone will correct me very quickly. My advice would be to talk to your parish priest, he would know better than I would. He should have all the information that you need or be able to put you in touch with the people who know.

Most of the more well know orders (i.e. Benedictines, Franciscans, and Dominicans) are into some type of education. For example, the Benedictine concregation that I am most familiar with (their Archabbey is St. Vincent in Latrobe, PA) runs a number of colleges and high schools.

PF

40.png
bknebel:
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any information regarding religious orders or even dioceses that allow priests to be teachers, or should i say teachers to be priests?

Either way…

In considering my life’s vocation, I am torn between teaching and the priesthood. I may fix it by melding the two… I’m an elementary Education and Early Chilhood education major

Thanks!
Many orders are quite flexible with the gifts and talents you have. The Benedictine monks and sisters co-sponsored my college, Benedictine College (in KS.) Several of the monks and sisters taught at the college, one was principal of the local high school, and several taught on the high school and elementary level of local Catholic schools. Though I wouldn’t recommend the sisters there to any vocation-seeking female, the monks are awesome!! Father Meinrad is the vocations director, I believe.

kansasmonks.org/

Check out the Augustinians (Villanova University) – Gregor Mendel was a scientist, teacher, and an Augustinian. Dominicans are big time teachers. Salesians have schools. St. Bonaventure University is an Franciscan foundation . . . Lots of opportunities for teachers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back