Religious Shrines

• Thread starter Thread starter MarilynIN
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MarilynIN

My husband and I love to travel. Can anyone share some religious shrines that they could recommend that we visit when we go through your area?

I live in Indiana, by the way, not too far from the Ohio line. As far as I know, there are no shrines in my state. I am aware of the Shrine Of Our Lady Of Consolation in Carey, Ohio, Shrine of the Holy Relics in Maria Stein, Ohio, and Sorrowful Mother Shrine in Bellevue, Ohio. Those would be the closest to me.

If I were to travel to any other state, where would you recommend we visit?

In Bellville Illiniois there is Our lady of the Snows, very beautiful. Also in Massachusetts and New Hampshire there are 2 La Salette Shrines. My favorite is in New Hampshire, Enfield. Lived there for a few years. Very peaceful.

go a little further northwest and visit Our lady of Lebanon shrine outside Youngstown. In Detroit, visit the Shrine of the Little Flower in Royal Oak, just north of Detroit on Woodward avenue at 12 mile road. In northern Michigan, Cross Village.

We did visit a beautiful Catholic church on a tour through Brown County and So Indiana, but can’t remember the name or town any more, or if it was a shrine.

If you get down here to the rio Grande Valley visit the National Basilica of the Shrine of Our Lady of San Juan de los Lagos del Valle in San Juan Texas. In San Antonio of course begin at the Alamo, and take the mission tour by bus to visit the original missions, two still operating as parish churches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back