remarrying

  • Thread starter Thread starter phlynne
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do still beleive, that,if someone loose some one, that OP choose not to remarry, because they have spend so much time with the one they love,that they feel that they should remain unmarried tell they die.
 
I do still beleive, that,if someone loose some one, that OP choose not to remarry, because they have spend so much time with the one they love,that they feel that they should remain unmarried tell they die.
If a widowed person **CHOOSES **not to remarry, that’s a personal choice and one not PROHIBITED by the Church,
 
There IS no section of any of the Gospels - nor of any other part of scripture - that forbids remarriage after widowhood. None whatsoever. I’ve read it and have a good memory, trust me on this.

You might be thinking of the reference to how when we are in heaven we are like the angels ‘neither marrying nor giving in marriage’. Point being, someone who has had a spouse die is NOT yet in heaven. Marriage is still an option for them!

Please answer the very sensible question posed by one poster - how come the Church allows widows and widowers to remarry in the Church after the death of their spouses if doing so is in any way morally wrong? Unless you can provide a sensible answer to this question you must accept that remarriage upon widowhood is morally fine.
well I beleive that if a person who pass away,decides to be faithful to the one he, or she,buy not getting Married, but some were it saids,that if one Marries after the person dieds,than they are coming Adultry.,if they should The Priest read it from the Gospel Yes I know that older people get married, but,they don,t seem to under stand the laws of God. I well fine what I,am talking about,and than write on the site. God Bless
 
well I beleive that if a person who pass away,decides to be faithful to the one he, or she,buy not getting Married, but some were it saids,that if one Marries after the person dieds,than they are coming Adultry.,if they should The Priest read it from the Gospel Yes I know that older people get married, but,they don,t seem to under stand the laws of God. I well fine what I,am talking about,and than write on the site. God Bless
You have never provided any citation for your claims despite several requests. Fine, you believe that people should not remarry after being widowed. You are welcome to believe that, but it is not the teaching of the Church – nor is it written anywhere in the Gospel.
 
I want to Apologize, to all that I was saying ,that it was wrong to remarry after someone dies,that they are committing Adultery. Iwas thinking of something else.I Hope you,ll foregive me. Have a nice day,and God Bless.
 
I beleive that all marries, (are death to you part). Remember the preist words he saids to you,you,s as you take your vows.( Let no man seperate those who I have put togather) So All I can say is,bear your Cross. God Bless
 
Dear Johnthebaptist1–

Was it another church that you were thinking of? My late husband’s church believes that a truly loving marriage is eternal, and you are still married even after the death of a spouse. They do not forbid widow/er remarriage, but I do feel it’s somewhat frowned upon by more conservative members.

Jala
 
well I beleive that if a person who pass away,decides to be faithful to the one he, or she,buy not getting Married, but some were it saids,that if one Marries after the person dieds,than they are coming Adultry.,if they should The Priest read it from the Gospel
This is not the position of the Roman Catholic Church. Marriage does not leave an indelible mark on one’s soul, and terminates upon the death of a spouse. If one’s spouses dies, they are free to remarry.
Yes I know that older people get married, but,they don,t seem to under stand the laws of God.
Since the Church interprets the laws of God, I’ll take their word for it. You also missed my point the major theological problems that would arise from Joseph marrying Mary. If what you say is true, then the “marriage” was objectively sinful.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top