R
rrl1rrl
Guest
Hello I am new to the forum but am need of some serious spiritual and mental help.
I have been married to my wife for 18 years and we have four children but I recently caught my wife with another man. After some serious arguing it came out that there had been a sexual affair. My delema is that this is the second time we have gone thru this. About five years ago we went thru the same issue. At the time I was going to college and she felt I was having an affair because I was interacting with other females in class. I was not having any affair but understood where she might think that. Because of this she went on a series of incidents that came to my knowledge at at later date. I was devestated and left for a couple of months. We reconciled after an attempt at therapy and talking with the priest at church. A year later I could not stand the thoughts running thru my head along with the talk around town about our past and I left again for a year. This time I felt I needed to “pay her back” so that I would feel better. I did, and believe me I did not feel better. It left a hole in my heart that i continue to ask for forgiveness for. We again went to therapy and counceling and this had lasted until about a month ago when i started having my suspisions. I have truly tried to understand my wife and based on what I know I feel she suffers from trauma of abuse as a child, Im suspecting of the sexual nature. I have tried to be as understand and supportive as a can but I am torn as to wether I should try again. I know I must try to forgive, as we have four children together, but I am not sure she really wants to go the whole 100% to get to the root of her unhappiness. I know our marriage has not been great but it has had it share of good. I love her and want to help but I can not live with the fact that we continue to ride this rollercoaster. i have tried and failed numerous times to try to connect her to the Holy Spirit but she seems to not want to find the root of her issues as each time we have gone to counceling it has ended in her thinking she is cured and walking away before the real healing could take place. I know this is long winded but I need help, my heart and mind do not feel we can endure this pain again.
I have been married to my wife for 18 years and we have four children but I recently caught my wife with another man. After some serious arguing it came out that there had been a sexual affair. My delema is that this is the second time we have gone thru this. About five years ago we went thru the same issue. At the time I was going to college and she felt I was having an affair because I was interacting with other females in class. I was not having any affair but understood where she might think that. Because of this she went on a series of incidents that came to my knowledge at at later date. I was devestated and left for a couple of months. We reconciled after an attempt at therapy and talking with the priest at church. A year later I could not stand the thoughts running thru my head along with the talk around town about our past and I left again for a year. This time I felt I needed to “pay her back” so that I would feel better. I did, and believe me I did not feel better. It left a hole in my heart that i continue to ask for forgiveness for. We again went to therapy and counceling and this had lasted until about a month ago when i started having my suspisions. I have truly tried to understand my wife and based on what I know I feel she suffers from trauma of abuse as a child, Im suspecting of the sexual nature. I have tried to be as understand and supportive as a can but I am torn as to wether I should try again. I know I must try to forgive, as we have four children together, but I am not sure she really wants to go the whole 100% to get to the root of her unhappiness. I know our marriage has not been great but it has had it share of good. I love her and want to help but I can not live with the fact that we continue to ride this rollercoaster. i have tried and failed numerous times to try to connect her to the Holy Spirit but she seems to not want to find the root of her issues as each time we have gone to counceling it has ended in her thinking she is cured and walking away before the real healing could take place. I know this is long winded but I need help, my heart and mind do not feel we can endure this pain again.